I kind of wish google wasn't made!

Purple Nurple's Avatar Purple Nurple8/29/14 12:31 am
1 emeralds 1.7k 67
10/5/2014 3:23 pm
pipca's Avatar pipca
I kind of wish that Google wasn't made because every time I ask someone (that has a phone) a hard enough question, they pull out their phone and google it. I mean like, what would people be doing without Google? How would we act? How much smarter would we be? But at the same time, Google is a big help with things, but I don't use it every time I feel like I don't know something. I go to youtube when I don't know something!
Purple Nurple
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/05/2014 3:23 pm
Level 26 : Expert Taco
pipca
Google's the only search engine in Pig Latin.
Ooglegay's Hetay Nlyoay Earchsay Ngineeay Igpay Atinlay.
09/05/2014 9:12 am
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
Then we wouldnt have all of the amazing stuff Google has made.
09/05/2014 7:58 am
Level 38 : Artisan Crafter
Chikerenaham
use duckduckgo. www.duckduckgo.com
09/05/2014 7:44 am
Level 34 : Artisan Spider Rider
Noxyoursox
I find it more annoying that people pick the one website (or wikipedia article) that can even slightly back them up…out of many other websites that show them to be wrong. The person doing the google search pretty much always wins, because they get to choose where to look for information.
09/05/2014 7:02 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Princess
WhiteLexie
#Purple Nurple , google is a easy way to find something you need.Without it,how would we use internet and why ?
If you do not use a search engine,how do you get to the sites you want to see?
09/05/2014 7:33 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
KingRex35
*shudders* Other search engines...
09/05/2014 6:58 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
ThePopcornKings
Google is maybe largest database of information. Without it the general population wouldn't know enough.

If google was here:
Person A: "What is the weight of a full grown hedgehog?"
Person B: "I'll google that for you!"

Instantly or non instantly depending on your internet Person B is exposed to a huge database of information we woudn't have.

If google wasn't here:
Person A: "What is the weight of a full grown hedgehog?"
Person B: "Let me drive to the library and spend 15 minutes reading books to find that information for you!"

Google is a timesaver times a billion.

For those of you who were wondering they weigh 19 ounces give or take. Yup. I googled it.
09/01/2014 1:42 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
xmx1024
hunterific14
McJackson3180
Purple NurpleThey didn't own youtube until recently. YouTube was made by it's own Devs. Not by Google, it's just google bought YouTube.

They've owned it for a good 9 years...

Are you dumb? Google has owned YouTube for about 7 years, but they didn't do anything with YouTube after they bought it. It wasn't until Google made Google+ that they started messing with YouTube.

A simple google search turns this up.

2006 subtracted by 2014 is 8.
09/01/2014 1:39 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
TheGreatWizard
Well, it's easy. But it makes you lazy and less creative.
09/01/2014 1:39 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
bmanrules
Purple NurpleI kind of wish that Google wasn't made because every time I ask someone (that has a phone) a hard enough question, they pull out their phone and google it. I mean like, what would people be doing without Google? How would we act? How much smarter would we be? But at the same time, Google is a big help with things, but I don't use it every time I feel like I don't know something. I go to youtube when I don't know something!

We'd be going to the library, opening books full of URLs and IP addresses and using those. Or we could switch to Bing/AOL
09/01/2014 1:36 pm
Level 26 : Expert Taco
pipca
Google is fine. Google+, though.....
09/01/2014 1:33 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Dragon
Skitto493
If people didn't have Google, they wouldn't know anything.
09/01/2014 12:35 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Puckleness
I shall never use google again! *uses yahoo*
09/01/2014 12:27 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Artist
ChrisL
Purple NurpleI kind of wish that Google wasn't made because every time I ask someone (that has a phone) a hard enough question, they pull out their phone and google it. I mean like, what would people be doing without Google? How would we act? How much smarter would we be? But at the same time, Google is a big help with things, but I don't use it every time I feel like I don't know something. I go to youtube when I don't know something!

So you're angry that people look stuff up when they don't know something? Google searches the entire internet, including reputable sites and youtube(which is not really the best site for learning stuff).

VeryMadCrafter
True. In the nowadays kids are TOO MUCH obessed with technology.

How dare those dang kids further their knowledge with access to the largest database of information the world has ever seen.
09/01/2014 12:04 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Cyborg
RCXcrafter
If you went back in time and prevented google from being invented someone else would probably come up with a very similar idea not much later.
09/01/2014 10:59 am
Level 21 : Expert Artist
Enygma
There would be no difference if Google was made because we'd still have Yahoo and Bing. :3
09/01/2014 10:56 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter

True. In the nowadays kids are TOO MUCH obessed with technology.
09/01/2014 10:19 am
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
How much smarter would we be without Google? Probably less.

googel iz master raec
09/01/2014 10:00 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
ME1312
AlgurdasHaha, this topic is so tiny, but such argument is involved

09/01/2014 9:59 am
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
Aeternalis_
I like information. I like google.

Information is power.
09/01/2014 9:56 am
Level 20 : Expert Nerd
Algurdas
Haha, this topic is so tiny, but such argument is involved

09/01/2014 9:53 am
ME1312
I google'd to find this post :3
09/01/2014 9:52 am
Level 44 : Master Network
dunem666
Someone was looking at all the search requests on the google server and realised he's looking at a connected brain of millions of people.

Google was born.
09/01/2014 9:47 am
Level 38 : Artisan Engineer
FirmusPiett
Google hugely increases productivity and simplicity of previously difficult tasks. I would posit that without it our world would be considerably less well off.
09/01/2014 9:32 am
ME1312
09/01/2014 9:23 am
Level 1 : New Miner
N8J
my aunt was just talking about that saying that kids used to know so much but i think that once you google something you tend to remember it so you actually gain more knowledge. proper punctuation in chat messages is not one of those things you learn
09/01/2014 9:09 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
ThePopcornKings
If Google and everything Google owned disappeared then you would realized to be careful what you wished for. Google owns and/or plays a big role in a lot of the internet.
09/01/2014 8:16 am
Level 21 : Expert Taco
Enzime_
well lets just say ive seen hot tub time machine and google sounds a lot better than skoogle
09/01/2014 6:53 am
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Fanjawi
You guys might not like Bing and Yahoo Search and all of these, but if Google wasn't made in the first place, we would say the same thing about those search sites. We would think they are amazing, because it's the first of it's kind. And like Google, most would stick with it.
09/01/2014 8:43 am
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
Yes, exactly correct. Without google these search engines would be the most popular, in other words they would slowly but for sure replace the quality of google.

If you hate google that much, you are free to not use it, nobody forces you to use google.

This is what the information age is all about, easy storing of information on the internet, which is also easily found. Much better than going to the library searching through 5 books to find out how the Roman Empire fell apart.
09/01/2014 5:48 am
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
bigf
Bing... pls nu
don't remind me of the time my brother changed my homepage to Bing instead of Google and I didn't know how to change it back

I Googled it, of course

Seriously though, think about it
It's better to have a quick and easy source of information than spending ages staring at dictionaries, encyclopaedias (all hail Wikipedia) and more thick books.
09/01/2014 5:37 am
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
cakeface
And then you would start using Opera, Tor, Bing there are a good few search engines.
09/01/2014 5:36 am
303_MakeAWish

If there was no google we would be using bing D:
09/01/2014 5:24 am
NetworkPCE
Even if google didnt exist there'd be several other search engines for people to use, without google the internet industry wouldn't earn as much money and not as many games would exist. Minecraft wouldn't be this famous a d PMC would most likely not exist.We live in the Information age , we simply store information where it has more space and capacity. In other words computers, wikipedia, phones and more.

You are free to think however you want, but many of your luxuries are because of google.
09/01/2014 5:23 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Lemon
Sonadel
Bing existed long before Google under several different names during it's lifetime. It's whatever.

On the other hand, I cannot get over the fact that we have a nearly infinite wealth of mankind's current knowledge at our fingertips. Everything from recipes, to tutorials on almost any subject/task. Not to mention, libraries upon libraries of comics, novels, poetry, literature, and encyclopedic articles to expand our minds. Even millions of hours of entertainment in the form of video, music, and nearly every other non-tangible form of recreation.

Google was one of the first that made it any sort of tolerable to search for this stuff. For just about anything we could ever need to know.

Google is CLEARLY a horrible and destructive entity that has made humanity worse as a whole!
09/01/2014 5:10 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf
Colonellooo
We'd actually have to Bing things. *shudders* Take back that wish that Google wasn't made right now!!
09/01/2014 5:05 am
Level 20 : Expert Cake
mcrocks999
How would I have found PlanetMinecraft then?
09/01/2014 6:00 am
Level 26 : Expert Zombie
Halorules555
Same. Oh, and I love your bottom signature (Hatsune Miku)! I've got one just like it.
09/01/2014 6:03 am
Level 20 : Expert Cake
mcrocks999
Do you by any chance know where I could get a Megpoid Gumi signature? : D
09/01/2014 6:06 am
Halorules555
What's that? Another Vocaloid?

Edit: Looked her up and I'm right. try adding 'signature' after 'Megpoid Gumi' on Google Images.
09/01/2014 4:57 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
shinadafan2012
lactarius77yes i agree totally with that google should never have been made. it gives so much wrong information too people, and it stores so much information about you, and sell it.

[yt]EP6G0X5hRkM[/yt]
09/01/2014 4:52 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
sycoinc

it wasn't a problem until smart phones came out, couldn't use google on a old black and white nokia with original snake game
09/01/2014 4:43 am
Level 32 : Artisan Toast
_Hellcat_
If google wasn't made, people would use Bing.
09/01/2014 4:58 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
shinadafan2012
No. Please no, not that one.
09/01/2014 4:48 am
Halorules555
I will die before I use Bing.
08/29/2014 2:05 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer
Art326
Meh, I mean google has done a lot for us. I think google is a good thing to have around.
08/29/2014 1:59 am
Level 33 : Artisan Dragon
The_Big_Dish
Google is great, you can lookup information on whim so how is quick free info bad? Without it you would just be like *shrug* for most things then forget it or like azie said research books for hours.
08/29/2014 1:35 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
phase
If google wasn't here, we'd all be sitting at home playing on our Nintendo 128s, as that would be the newest technology available, as google wasn't there to invent anything better, such as a search engine to see if that French gaming company managed to make a 256 bit console, so you in Japan say: "Well, I'm not sure if they did it, so I'll just do a 128 bit console instead!". Then everyone in the world has terrible technology because those 2 indians (I think) guys in that lady's garage didn't make google.

Plus we wouldn't have this awesome site. w00t
08/29/2014 12:56 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-
bing, yahoo search
09/01/2014 6:23 am
Level 23 : Expert Crab
Morneite
l0l get rekt g00gle say hai 2 bing
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024