Mac, or Pc, Or Linux?

P1nk's Avatar P1nk11/18/12 7:32 pm
11/20/2012 9:37 am
P1nk's Avatar P1nk
Hey guys! I just wanted to do a quick little poll to see which one YOU like better: Mac, or PC, Or Linux? Leave why in the comments below!
P1nk
Level 19 : Journeyman Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/19/2012 9:55 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
poison5200
PC all the way, I have been using Windows for my whole life, and it feels like I just learned about Macs yesterday.

Also, like some other people have said, Macs are safer, but PC is better for gaming
11/19/2012 9:52 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Ranger
Xyrov
MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC MAC WINDOWS
11/19/2012 9:49 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Archer
Superpooch22
Im using a Mac right now its not great for gaming Im planing to get a new Gaming PC soon.
11/19/2012 9:46 pm
Level 26 : Expert Geek
RoboSharks
I vote Linux and Windows together because the fact is MAC is just a closed cabinet for how the OS is concerned. You also can't legally make your own computer for MAC either. Windows is all open and Linux is like completly open to pretty much anything. On linux you get more from your ram reason many websites and servers use Linux.
11/19/2012 9:21 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Pixel Painter
BlackHawk185
Chuck Norris. Duh
11/19/2012 5:21 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
jayjay0101
Gamer+Nerd=PC

Bully+Cyberbully=Mac
11/19/2012 5:20 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
cellarman
PC for gaming, Mac for everything else.
But let's not argue religion
11/19/2012 5:17 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
supfoo1000
I am PC all the way. At my school almost everyone has a Mac and hassles me about it. I'm a gamer so PC is what I love.
11/19/2012 5:15 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
BoysRule2013
I have both. I compare it like this

PC - I like the PC, But it has many viruses and it is very slow when you have a few months with it. It's a very nice computer and very cheap, It is worth it, but I might only use it every once and a while

MAC - It is VERY Expensive. But it COMPLETELY worth it, I use minecraft on the Mac and it's amazing. (Some Guy told me that I was speed-hacking in a server. But I wasn't, It's just the amazing operating system) One Con about the Mac is A TON of programs are NOT for Mac, Which I find pathetic.

Rating for my Computers
PC - 6/10 - 5 Months Old
Mac - 8/10 - 4 Months Old
11/19/2012 5:25 pm
Level 43 : Master Fox
Fokkusu
PC- It works
Mac - It works

I've had my desktop for a year or so and it's fine. I haven't upgraded it and it still runs modern games maxed out. I've never had a Virus either.

Just saying, because I hate the people who think every PC is going to get flooded with them.
I also want to say stereotypes are mostly wrong and if you go by them, you're stupid. Ok, I'm done. back to Tumblr.
11/19/2012 5:12 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Steve
BigDaddy
MAC!! macs are TOTALLY gaming computers. There's a whole dedicated app store for mac apps and games. I can play Minecraft with maxed out graphics with NO LAG.
PC: Meh
11/19/2012 5:07 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Skinner
Teddy
I'm a gamer.
I think it's obvious what I use.

I'm gonna check back to this thread every now and again.
So far people have been.. as civil as you can get on the internet. But I always expect to come back to fire and blood.
11/19/2012 9:50 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Engineer
peonftw
This.
11/19/2012 9:18 pm
P1nk
lol ok thanks. And btw I love your skins and tutorials!
11/19/2012 5:12 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Steve
BigDaddy
lol so true
11/19/2012 5:03 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
TheVentureMan
Quite honestly, I'd have to say it all depends on the person using the device. If it's a gamer, who doesn't mind the appearance of his/her computer, than a PC would be most suitable. However, I would say more of the web browsers/graphic designers would prefer a Mac. Of course, you can game on a Mac and you could design graphics on a PC, but each is designed for its own processes, thus making each better than the other in certain features.
11/19/2012 4:54 pm
P1nk
Should I make a Linux option.... ?
11/19/2012 9:20 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Lad
Apple_Sauce
Yeah!
11/20/2012 9:37 am
P1nk
Done!
11/19/2012 1:09 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Ranger
BlueNew
Design : Mac
Gaming : PC
11/19/2012 1:19 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Dragon
BattleWarrior _
agreed
11/19/2012 1:05 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Dragon
BattleWarrior _
mac is a personal computer and PC stands for personal computer
11/19/2012 1:07 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Animatrix
i aem confaus
11/19/2012 12:34 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
unit1997
There's no Linux check box! Well, I vote Linux, if I'm not allowed to do that; then Windows.

Edit: Why? Because of what I do. Linux is simply a better tool for that task.
11/19/2012 12:32 pm
Fokkusu
Why can't I vote for both equally. I am sad and amused by the stupid arguments.
11/19/2012 12:38 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
Phrozenbit
I know right? People don't seem to understand that a Mac is just as much a Personal Computer as the common desktop computer is, heck even an iPad is a Personal computer. Were talking about brand names, and operating systems here and nobody seems to understand nor care..
11/19/2012 1:03 pm
Fokkusu
Mac is a PC. PC is a Personal Computer. Tablets now qualify as those. It's just a battle against the two OS's and the price. Which honestly is getting old. I should state I have only ever owned Windows machines. iMac 2012 though... so pretty.
11/19/2012 12:20 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Pyro
nicolas2177
All i have to say is that i have many mac products, and really the computers are not that good. All you are paying for is the "apple" name. I just got a ASUS G75V Republic of gaming laptop for less than a macbook air with 4x the specs. I highly recommend getting a pc for gaming and a mac for productivity. PC you get way more for your money.
11/19/2012 10:15 am
Level 23 : Expert Toast
Sedyte
I hate macs, I'm not going to write all the reasons here because I don't want to start a fight but one of them is the price., but I voted for pc simply because it's better and ofcourse a lot cheaper, especially when you build one yourself
11/19/2012 10:11 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Narwhal
ben_the_cow
Linux, definitely XD
11/19/2012 10:06 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
darkrider5000
I voted for Pc
11/19/2012 9:39 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Modder
duke_Frans
Alienware for the Win!
11/19/2012 12:29 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Rebel24
Alienware = poop + $$$$$$$$
MAC = poop + $$$$$$$$

Therefore:

MAC = Alienware

Conclusion:

Alienware is the PC equivalent of a MAC. Both suck and both are overpriced beyond comparison.

Alienware was good several years ago when Dell didn't own them. The former owners of Alienware now own Origin PC (not EA's origin which is basically steam... but crap). Origin PC are great but are overpriced. Still great quality though. But the best thing is Custom PC's built by yourself. Half the cost and twice as good if you know what you are doing. If not, ask a friend who does. Simples right?

Check out Origin here: http://www.originpc.com/

As I said, they are over priced, but you can get a look at what they are about...

PS. PC FTW! Break a PC, you fix it. Break a MAC, you buy a new one worth twice as much with maybe a larger HDD.

PSS. I believe I have won this debate... -*Walks away like an employer!*
11/19/2012 12:06 pm
P1nk
But, which between the two: Mac, Or Pc?
11/19/2012 10:05 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Artist
SteamPunkShino
They are way to overpriced you could make a computer that can run better then the alienware :/
11/19/2012 9:33 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Goblin
Gibu
None! Linux for the win!
11/19/2012 9:25 am
P1nk
Hi, guys. Thanks everyone for all the great feedback I'm getting! The majority of you are voting for PC. Not surprised! I myself voted for PC. I just think many more programs are made available for PC than Mac.
11/18/2012 9:33 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Engineer
Davebear
Mac
+Good for artists.
+OS is astethic
-Expensive
-Cannot modify it
-OS can be very, very confusing.
PC-
+Cheap
+Has more games
+Can be modified
-Crashes more often

But, all in all, I voted for PC. I do love my games!
11/18/2012 9:30 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Mountaineer
DesuMotoko
The Macintosh used to be entirely different internally, but Apple moved to using hardware like that on any personal computer. That's why nowadays you can run basically any operating system on a Mac, whereas you couldn't in the past. The biggest trick to that is driver support and getting it loaded on an EFI bootloader.

We all know that Apple prices their hardware at exorbitant prices, but the big surprise is that they often use lower quality hardware as well (they literally just started using 1600 MHz RAM for Macbook Pros this year, for example).

Now I do enjoy OSX as far as 10.6.8 goes, especially the font renderer, but this isn't about OSes really.

If you're buying a Mac, you're just spending more money for less. The late Steve Jobs was quite the master at marketing.

I'll give Macs one thing though... they are sturdy, you probably couldn't get a sturdier laptop than one with an aluminium frame. My late-2009 Macbook Pro has slid off my bed upon a hardwood floor a handful of times and it is still intact. Integrated video card is crap, however.
11/18/2012 9:21 pm
Phrozenbit
Voted PC,

Windows, for the most common use including games.
Mac for design, professional audio / video.
Linux for excellent system customization.

Watch it you guys, no flame wars alright
11/18/2012 9:16 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Artist
SteamPunkShino
Guys there is something about opinion and if you like customizing and gaming then PC are the way to go. Mac's are more of a designer type of computer.
11/18/2012 9:13 pm
Apple_Sauce
PC/Linux
11/18/2012 9:24 pm
Phrozenbit
We should be friends
11/18/2012 9:26 pm
Apple_Sauce
Lol okay
11/18/2012 9:08 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Pixel Painter
ADVENTURETIMER26
If you're talking about O.S. and want customization you'd probably want a linux.
But if your talking about a physical computer there's a couple of choices depending on what you'd like. If you are a gamer you'd probably want a pc. If you just want a computer just for working mac is your choice. A pc can be physically altered in to sort of an Uber-computer. While a mac is a mac . If you make gaming videos on YouTube you should get both. Also, as far as viruses go if you're willing to pay a hefty sum for a high quality anti-virus software you should not have a problem with your pc. If not just be careful. Honestly, I prefer a pc. Its just sort of what im used to.....Heck, my mom still has a Windows 97 that i use. :3
11/18/2012 8:07 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Goblin
couljj
How about you get an answer from someone who has used both?

Oh hey, that'd be me.
After owning a PC for a while, I liked it, but I was looking for something more. After I getting a mac, I'm hooked, and I'm now in love with it. Let me provide an unbiased argument.

Price » PC
PC's are definitely the way to go if you want a cheap reliable computer, Macs are typically more expensive and tend to cost upwards of $1000. I managed to get a nice PC laptop for around $300 that lasted a couple years.

Aesthetics » Mac
You simply can't compare to the to the sleek design of a Mac and this is because Apple spends lots of money to make it look that way. The advantage with a mac is that it's both hardware and software, which means unity, however this could also be a con for some people. Think I'm wrong? Take a look at an iMac, you won't find a PC that is as compact and functional while still looking that sleek.

Security » Mac
Let's be honest, PC's are virus prone, and while there are some virus out there for macs, they are designed to not get infected. They are built with an older and more secure operating system, the Unix Kernel. This is also in part that many virus creators work with windows and there are much more windows users, make them an easier target.

Customization » PC
This one is a given to the PC, I don't even know how to open up my iMac, and many of the parts are soldered into the board, making it very difficult to upgrade parts.

It all really comes down to opinion, although PC's have much more games available to them because of windows, I find the Mac to be much more user friendly and pleasing to the eye. I also tend to believe that even though PC has more programs available to them, the ones that are made specifically for Mac sweep PC products off the market.

Don't get me wrong, PC's are good, but I say Mac all the way.
11/19/2012 4:57 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Droid
Downn
This is exactly how I feel. I am using a Mac right now and have found alternatives to all programs for PC I need. And, even still, I also have a PC that I love as well. I say both! I only wish that Mac's could run .bat and .exe files.
11/18/2012 8:33 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Dragon
Lord_Sauron_
First and foremost, not looking to start a flamewar here.

That said, are you saying that Macs are better for a person that likes a sleek look, nice user interface, and streamlined programs?

If so, I completely agree.

However, I prefer PCs by a long shot. I have used a mac, and hate it - mostly because of the small differences between it and the PC. That aside, if you are a serious techy guy, would you not agree that a PC is far better for designing, downloading, modding, and creating programs? Sure, a casual family user might love a mac. However, anyone who plans on being a serious designer, wants to learn code, wants to download all sorts of stuff (some illegally... hehe), ect, a PC is much better.

As far as viruses, I actually think that it is not that great of a plus for macs that they get none. It is generally quite hard to get a virus if you are smart on the internet... And, for the love of god, don't download the free smileys and mouse pointers.
11/18/2012 7:59 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
spadoosh
i have a mac and play on it and i have to say PC IS BETTER. and this is coming from a mac guy.
11/18/2012 7:58 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Lumberjack
RhomBustion
It really depends on what you're using the computer for. A PC is a good recommendation for someone who is using their computer for customization, and they also work well with video games. Mac's are different, because they stay at a very "Factory" level. What I mean is that you can't really customize it too much, but in return you get a reliable computer with the ability to hold a charge well and basically a virus-free life. If you ask me though, I recommend a PC, but to each their own.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome