| Mine-imator V.s Cinema 4D V.s Blender |

Spectre's Avatar Spectre11/3/16 7:10 am
1 emeralds 4.5k 16
11/6/2016 5:58 am
Spectre's Avatar Spectre
Hey, forums!

As you know, I've been making graphics for a pretty decent amount of time now, but I'm curious to see what the community prefer for creating said graphics.

I'll right down my opinion...

–––

First, there's Mine-imator.
Mine-imator is an incredibly easy to use animator for windows. It's popular for its simplicity. I once used it...

Overview:

Pros
Free!
Fast
Simple to use
Automatic environment
Built for minecraft
No textures required

Cons
Unreliable
Glitchy
Windows only
Poor graphics
Rough
Unprofessional outcome

I'd recommend Mine-imator to beginners, but if you want to make a business? No...

Now, there's Cinema 4D.
Cinema 4D is a reliable animation and graphics tool for experienced users. The majority of professional GFX artists use it, and who can blame them?

Overview

Pros
Reliable
Sleek
Smooth outcome
Professional
Seasoned
Offline help for every single feature!
Many deformers
Low graphics compatible
Available for all users
Free student versions
Collaboration with Adobe
Simplified XPresso nodes
Active community

Cons
EXPENSIVE
Slow physical renderer
Not built for minecraft
Confusing reflection material editor
Transparency takes forever to render
Auto-extrusions have internal polygons
Light emitting objects aren't self-illuminant

It has its cons, but definitely a good tool for professionals. Surely a money maker! Hopefully it makes up for the 5000$ you paid for it.

And finally, there's Blender
Blender is an open-source renderer for all platforms! I think...

Overview

Pros
Free!
Available on Steam
Active community
Large community support
Decent engine
Automatic alpha for background
Good way to get from A to B
Can handle a rough load pretty well
You don't need to make an object an editable to sculpt it
Reliable
Good at animating

Cons
Confusing
Rough(er) outcome
Not built for minecraft
Extremely confusing materials
Bulky and difficult setup
Not supported by other companies
Unrefined
Bad at creating simplistic renders
Poor navigation system
Low support with Adobe After-effects

It's good, but it's probably not the best choice if you want to make a business, plus, it just doesn't look as good as Cinema 4D. If it's what you want I recommend doing animation instead of rendering.

–––

So anyways, please leave your opinion below!
Thanks for reading!
Spectre
Level 54 : Grandmaster Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Xenoniuss
11/06/2016 5:15 am
Level 39 : Artisan Ladybug
I personally prefer blender, yes, it needs a high level of skills but it works perfect for the models of the mod I'm making models for.

Depending outcome? C4D and Blender look almost the same if the person knows what he's doing. Here is a little image of something made in Blender:
Click to reveal

Source: Blender Guru @ https://www.blenderguru.com/

Looks pretty damn realistic if you ask me?

But yeah, C4D and Blender are almost the exact same if you ask me, it depends on the person using it. (But Blender is free, and that actually is worth putting more effort in Blender in my opinion)
Spectre
11/06/2016 5:58 am
Yes, it indeed is very realistic, but more so when it comes to graphics. With Cinema 4D, you can't make stuff like that without Adobe photoshop or after effects. Yet, in my opinion it just doesn't look as smooth.

It's not that I think Cinema 4D is better, it's just smoother, in ways. They indeed have their own seperate qualities, both worth the effort.
JozyP
11/06/2016 12:00 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
Blender for sure. Mine-Imator is a bit more straight forward, but Blender is incredibly easy to use and it has much less of a limit than Mine-Imator, and is the best tool to use if you want to make animation your hobby.
Spectre
11/06/2016 4:34 am
I agree with this mostly, but "Incredibly easy to use"? That's a pretty decent exaggeration in my opinion...
JozyP
11/06/2016 4:58 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
Maybe so. It's hard to animate because of the keyframing, and even making renders can be a hassle. I only say it's easy because I was able to make something like http://www.pmc.la/3MpTO <-- those in just a few days of using Blender, while most renders and animations that I've seen look worse than that.
pantherpounce
11/05/2016 9:57 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Dragon
It depends on your level of skill...

Mine-imator is more pointed to beginners while blender is anything but simple.

Never heard of Cinema 4D :/
Spectre
11/05/2016 10:00 pm
True.

Cinema 4D? It's a lot more compact, and it has tutorials for everything so it's not that hard to learn.
Stubbs1
11/05/2016 9:53 am
They/Them • Level 67 : High Grandmaster Artist Senpai
I really think it depends on what kind of animation you want to create.

Mine-Imator is a great tool of animation if you just want to have some fun with animation, and not really caring about the quality of lighting and such.

And Cinema4D + Blender are amazing tools for creating beautiful rendered and awesome animations.

I would stick with Mine-Imator though. Why? Because I just want to have fun with animating stuff, and I really don't care about the quality of the animation itself. As long as the animation stays funny.
Anxiety Opossum
11/05/2016 12:12 am
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Here's how I see it. Do what you can to learn blender, if you can get good at that, then you can get good at C4D. Mine-imator's really more for messing around, but is really good if you want to make an animation actually look like it's from in-game.
Spectre
11/05/2016 3:24 am
I agree. They all have their uses.

If you want to go for something more graphically realistic, use Blender.

If you want to go for something more visually realistic, use Cinema 4D.

If you don't really care and don't know how to use either of these programs, use Mine-imator.
Spectre
11/04/2016 11:41 pm
Uh...

Bump.
anonpmc1231920
11/03/2016 9:28 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
[deleted]
Spectre
11/03/2016 10:15 pm
True, but I have seen professional blender renders and In my opinion they don't look as nice as a professional Cinema 4D render.

I mean it's not good at cel shading and attract lighting, etc.
brostermedia
11/03/2016 7:47 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
I prefer to use Mine-imator mainly because it is the easiest program and you can do a lot more with it than you might think when you take your first look at it.

c4d is an amazing program but has lately really become overused for most graphic designs, and i really hate how the models have have those weird curves with their mouths and that most people just over-do it with lighting and glow effects.

i have never used blender and have never seen any renders/animations made with that program.

IMO the best out of them for now seems to be Mine-Imator due to the simplicity and it being free. the price of C4D is just a huge turnoff.
Spectre
11/03/2016 7:59 am
Just so you know, I have actually used Mine-imator pretty thoroughly.

True, but with the effects? That's photoshop's fault, if not theirs. Weird curves in their mouths? That's the rig's problem.

I have done a little of both, but I don't think it's really worth it, frankly.

That's not my opinion, but fair enough. It may make pretty poor renders, but it's free and easy to use. It's a good place to start, but I don't recommend staying with it for too long.
brostermedia
11/03/2016 8:17 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
i'd rather stick to it myself as i am not going to do anything professional and usuallyonly do it for fun. using a different program might be easy but finding rigs that fit with your style for a new program is hard as most of the c4d rigs just have those over curving mouths. i do agree that c4d is an amazing program and is usually the best option but if you really need something that sticks as close to minecraft i still prefer mine-imator.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome