Monotone Contest Restults!

RystaButAteASock's Avatar RystaButAteASock7/11/20 10:26 am history
7/11/2020 5:59 pm
RystaButAteASock's Avatar RystaButAteASock
Hello everyone! Here are the results for the Monotone contest. There will be no finalists because only seven people have joined. All trophies will be sent through PM to be put on your profile page. I have put the Participants from 7th-1st place.

In 7th place…

Ang333 with their skin “I was born when colours didn’t exist

In 6th place…

Meowdib with their skin “Monotone Ellie

In 5th place…

csea with their skin “monotone girl

And now for 4th-1st participants…

In 4th place…

SoftKittyCat with her skin “Mono skin for contest

(the list of awards will be at the bottom, check out what yours is)

In 3rd place… (oooo suspense)

….. (more suspense)

PersonWhoPlaysMinecraft with their skin “greyscale

In 2nd place…

Outlandish with their skin “~goner~

In 1st place…

Last but not least… (suspense killing you yet?)

Wisteri with their skin “Mundane | Monotone contest

Thoughts on each skin... (Don’t read if you don’t like criticism)

Ang333: The face is half adorable, a quarter creepy, and a quarter funny. You put a lot of detail in the upper half that seems to get lost as you go to the pants. Remember to do shading and shoes as it is unbearable to walk with no shoes or knees (this is a joke, and not a funny one cause Im not a funny person). The shirt is adorable with the little buttons. I would make the white in the hair a bit darker because it stands out quite a bit. Other than that this skin is amazing!

Meowdib: This skin is fun and cool. I do feel for the character design, hair on their shoulders may be something cool to add, but it looks fine without it. The shading on the hair seems a bit sudden, but all it needs is a bit more going up! As dinowCookie said in their tutorials, I would also suggest choosing where the light is coming from. Mine is always the topish left (i think, I may have mixed up my lefts and rights. whoops). I like the little pattern on the shirt because it adds more to the skin. The outfit you choose is a bit common with the ripped jeans and patterned shirt so here I would suggest looking up outfit designs, I do this a lot and it helps me find new outfits for characters. This skin otherwise is amazing and I hope to see the awesome skins keep coming!

Csea: This is a really cool skin and I'm glad you entered. The character design is amazing. I do wonder if some things on the skin were intentional, though. There are some dots on the skin like some blue dots that could have happened while turning the skin or editing it to be more grey. I have this happen all the time so if some dots are unintentionally there I completely understand. Otherwise I love it!

SoftKittyCat: I’ve seen you grow even when you first started and wasn’t surprised when you snagged 4th place. I love the hair and shading! I see your shading style improve every skin you make. I do hope though that you try to make skins more often, or it might take awhile to improve but otherwise this is amazing :3

PersonWhoPlayMinecraft: As you can see from my random adoption sprees, I love your skins. I was 99% sure that when you said you were gonna join you would bring to the table an amazing skin and by the looks of it, I was not wrong! This gives me a lot of movie vibes from the 1920’s.

Outlandish: This skin is so detailed and beautiful. It is easy to tell you are amazing with character design and colors (even if the whole skin is shades of grey). This skin looks as if you took hours making it and it turned out amazing.

SpindleCloud: I hope you can see why you deserve first, you were absolutely wonderful and I adore this skin. If I could give constructive criticism I would but you have surpassed any level of skin teaching I could even give you, even before I knew you were on the site. I absolutely adore this skins and I hope for you to continue making these adorable skins.

Awards

1st: a custom trophy, 3 art requests (with priority), 2 skin requests (with priority)

2nd: a custom trophy, 2 art requests (with priority), 1 skin requests (with priority)

3rd: a custom trophy, 1 art requests (with priority)

4th: a custom trophy

Participants: participation trophy
(all trophies will be sent soon)

Congrats to everyone who won!
RystaButAteASock
Level 32 : Artisan Waffle