Thoughts on YouTube Channel Threads

couljj's Avatar couljj1/24/13 8:19 pm
1/24/2013 9:49 pm
Polar_The_Archer's Avatar Polar_The_Archer
Recently there's been an outbreak of YouTubers posting on the forums trying to gain attention to their channel... this includes me. However, I've been noticing the same people make several different threads to keep promoting their channel when the old one has died down. For some reason, they feel it's better to create a new topic then bump their old post. There are a few who don't follow this pattern, but this is the majority. I feel that this is just clogging up the forum feed, and instead, there should be a rule against it. For example, "One Topic per YouTube Channel" would not only simplify everything, but keep all of a YouTuber's feedback in one place.

Another thing that I've been thinking of is that with the countless amounts of channel out there, why not make a tab for it? Right at this moment, 8 out of the "Last 20 Posts" are related to recording YouTube videos. 40% for those who can't visualize it. There are currently 7901 topic in the "YouTube Videos and Channels" section. Who knows how many are duplicates. Creating a tab for it provides an easy way for people to discover new channels, and cleans up the forums at the same time. If you give it a "Bump Submission" button similar to the Servers, members won't have to continually post "Herpaderp bumping" or create new threads. This even provides a way to reward YouTubers who do well, because those who get a significant amount of diamonds from their videos can make the popular wheel, and therefore, receive more attention. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are already places to post individual videos in the Blogs section. However, I feel that if there was a YouTube Channel and specifically channel section, it would benefit more, because of the fact that it's a hub, and players could view multiple videos from one section.

Thank you for reading, please share your opinions. Also, should I make this a blog, or keep it as a forum post?
couljj
Level 56 : Grandmaster Goblin

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/24/2013 9:25 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
User_Created
Palaeos Yes, and aside from user_created knowing full well why his post was deleted.

What? I have no idea why; it's not spam, it wasn't dead and no flame war. :/
01/24/2013 8:38 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
Video makers have a place; the forums. The tabs on the top are only for official sections of PMC, and videos will likely not have one for a long time.

-P
01/24/2013 8:43 pm
couljj
However, what's your opinion on "FEEDBACK PLZ" posts spamming the forum threads?
01/24/2013 8:30 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
User_Created
couljjHowever, I've been noticing the same people make several different threads to keep promoting their channel when the old one has died down.

My thread got deleted - a single post. however there are still reposts lurking throughout the forums. Sad mode activate.

Another thing that I've been thinking of is that with the countless amounts of channel out there, why not make a tab for it?

I love this idea, in fact I hope it will actually get implemented. There is a place for live streamers give the video makers a place
01/24/2013 8:29 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
We have a specific thread for the sole purpose of posting your channel on it. The main reason why its seemed to be so spammed lately is simply because its frustrating to clean up the mess that started because people felt they "wont get enough attention from the thread" when this is planetminecraft, not planetadvertiseyouryoutubechannel. I assure you, I fully intend to completely purge the forums of this spam when both I have time, and the site will allow it, after I do another purge of something else on the site. Once this happens the mess will go away and I'll work to keep it that way.
01/24/2013 9:32 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Ranger
Polar_The_Archer
What's a purge?
01/24/2013 9:44 pm
Palaeos
Mass removal of unwanted content, in other words, mass delete of spam.

And the other thing I refer to is basically having to do with content theives, so no worries if you follow the rules in that department.
01/24/2013 9:49 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Ranger
Polar_The_Archer
Ok I will

NOT
JK really I will and have followed the rules I think O_o
01/24/2013 9:39 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Farmer
MCdomo106
purge means to cleanse, to get rid of impurities. I geuss he means he is going to do so with "something else on the site"
01/24/2013 8:33 pm
couljj
Would that be ZaphodX's post? I've seen it, and I honestly have to agree with some of the members, I'm not sure many people check that post often to see the latest channel. However, it's good to know that moderators are in fact working to solve the spam.
01/24/2013 8:41 pm
Palaeos
Yes, and aside from user_created knowing full well why his post was deleted, I do plan to delete the spam, just a matter of time, ability, and patience.

Though I expect to hear lots of complaints about how enforcing our rules after slacking due to holidays and lag is totally unfair.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome