Will people join a competition if there is no prizes?

AkirAssasin's Avatar AkirAssasin4/6/15 7:19 am
1 emeralds 616 8
4/6/2015 10:34 am
Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs1
Someone told me today that "no one will join a competition if there is no prizes." I'm wondering if that's true or not? I want to enter the competition and win, regardless of the existence of any prize.

What do you guys think, young and adult PMCers alike?
AkirAssasin
Level 34 : Artisan Ninja

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/06/2015 10:34 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
I would say there is two kinds of competition.

Fun Competition:
A open competition that includes a fun theme. There is no prize but the fun would be worth it.

Normal Competition:
Lots of people join to win the reward. Big or small, they all want it.

---

So if you want to make a competition without any rewards, then make it a Fun competition. Fun and Friendly with an open theme
04/06/2015 9:18 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Ninja
ItsmeRAPtor
I would join a competition if it sounds like it will be fun. If there isnt a prize, it wont stop me from entering.
04/06/2015 8:32 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Dragonborn
Reddt
I would join a contest regardless of what the winner gets. If the winner gets a reward, yes more people will join for the motivation of winning. I would have to say I agree with Fox and all other "Yes" users in this situation. I only entered one contest but that won't stop me from entering my seccond!

-Aidan
04/06/2015 8:06 am
Level 34 : Artisan Ninja
AkirAssasin
Remember, this is in General Help so not just restricted in PMC. Think of IRL situations Thanks for the support!
04/06/2015 7:58 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
hutchy01
I would but only because I have very little talent at most Minecraft projects, so wouldn't want to have to risk metaphorically robbing someone if no-one else entered
04/06/2015 7:56 am
Level 84 : Elite Programmer
Arcaniax
It depends on what kind of contest, there's some motivated people on pmc. But offering prizes will attract more people in my opinion but you have to make sure those prizes are eligible with the rules on pmc. As of for the kind of contest is that for example a skin contest will be less likely to have an actual award compared to a building contest because it takes a lot more effort.

-Arcaniax
04/06/2015 7:23 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Bunny
Yuki
I have to agree with Fox. I likely enter as most user held competitions, they only offer badges and sometimes a skin request (for skin comps at least) which I wouldn't care about and would likely pass on to someone else (request that is). But yes, prizes definitely motivate people.
04/06/2015 7:22 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
04/06/2015 9:15 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
Pretty much this. I don't think a prize is absolutely 110% needed, but it just motivates people to enter.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome