Worst Phone Call Scam?

Lucy_the_Cow's Avatar Lucy_the_Cow10/22/14 7:10 am
1 emeralds 10.7k 71
11/8/2014 10:46 pm
Lucy_the_Cow's Avatar Lucy_the_Cow
Hey!
My parents recently got a phone call from an Unknown Number, claiming that it was an emergency call and that we should press 1 to save "Lillian"?? It was really weird, and they left a message on the phone which was really fuzzy.

The next night (last night) my parents got ANOTHER call from an Unknown Number which was an automated voice, a failing call. When Mum hung up, she found that Google Play had been opened and Google Streetview was being downloaded. o3o

What are your worse phone scam experiences and how did you deal with them?
(I still like the ones when they ring up talking about your phone/laptop, and you tell them that you don't have one. lol)
Lucy_the_Cow
Level 38 : Artisan Ladybug

Create an account or sign in to comment.

RunicGEAR
10/22/2014 7:54 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Mage
My buddy keeps getting phone calls from people claiming to be the IRS and are threatening to take their house if they didn't give them money
KingRex35
10/22/2014 7:57 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
Call the police. That is against the law.
RunicGEAR
10/22/2014 8:00 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Mage
Ehhh, they don't call anymore, plus, I really don't think they even cared
Torm
10/22/2014 8:02 am
Level 34 : Artisan Scribe
The PPI guys who are like dogs with a bone. I once turned my phone on for the first time in a few months and within ten minutes found myself talking to one of those guys who despite my repeated insistence that I've never taken a loan was still yammering on about sending paperwork. I just hung up after a couple of minutes.
MMCStudio360
10/22/2014 9:36 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Scribe
A unknown caller messaged me that a relative of mine was captured by terrorists and the only way to save him was to pay like 5 million Pesos (im filipino) but I didnt believe it after a few hours my phone kept crashing and had to get a new one
justin_393
10/22/2014 9:56 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Ranger
Some Indians called me saying that my computer has a virus and it needs fixed. I played along with it for awhile and then I just started trolling by acting like I couldn't find the button they were talking about and then they got ticked and hung up.
minecraftian2424
10/23/2014 11:47 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
Lol I know that scam, check out this video from a guy that does pranks he called that Indian scammers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4HKOWG2oEA
sigurd4
10/24/2014 12:02 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Toast
woah i was called by those too! xD
have seen the video, but i didnt realize it was the same scammers...
Stubbs1
10/22/2014 10:03 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Here is a tip to everyone that I use!

If anyone wants to call you, then tell those people that they HAVE to call with a number that you'll be able to see and track down.
-If it's a douche saying "Gimme ya moni!" and he calls with a showed number, you can call the Police and they'll track em down for you. Unless you're a hacker, then you can do it yourself-
Then if a number calls you with an "Unknown" identity ignore it and keep playing MineCraft.

I know that some of you may have importen stuff that calls you with unknown number, but always remember to ignore the phone IF someone calls you without showing their number.

I've tried many times that unknown numbers has called me, and after that they've never called me again because I didn't pick it up.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!
Jacob Rigoberto
10/22/2014 10:04 am
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
*female voice* "Hello, this is Angelina and there is something about your computer. We have det-"
*my voice* "I do not want to talk about my computer. Bye."
Reer123
10/22/2014 10:10 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
A guy, sounding like he was Indian rang up with an unknown number. My brother played along with him until he said, I need your credit card details. My brother said he was going to call the police, now here is the freaky part. The guy said, I AM THE POLICE and laughed, then hung up.
planetminecrafter52342
10/22/2014 11:38 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Zombie
Those pesky windows support scam calls, where they say you have a virus on your windows computer, when you have all linux or mac computers, and they still try to tell you that they have a virus.

But I want them to call me D: I want to troll them so bad.
Quanto__
10/22/2014 4:37 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Engineer
Do it.

In all seriousness, if the dude keeps calling, report him for harassment and ask you IPS to change your IP address.

My story;:

Whenever someone kept calling my house to sell water bottles. After the 5th call in 10 mins., my dad threatened to report him for harassment. He stopped calling.
TastyYoghurt
10/22/2014 11:49 am
Level 37 : Artisan Explorer
They asked me if I wanted to buy a cheap updog, but I was low on cash anyway and refused. To this day I do not know what an updog is used for. It's ok, they would probably send me a low quality unit anyway.
TheSquishyOne
10/23/2014 9:50 am
Level 25 : Expert Taco
Im pretty sure an updog is a yoga move lol!
Insanity
10/23/2014 10:04 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
youre supposed to respond with "whats updog?"
it sounds like "whats up dawg?"
InfamousArgyle
10/25/2014 5:13 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Spider Rider
What's updog?
That has always baffled me. People try to give me updog all the time.
Zeerawk
10/22/2014 11:54 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Eh. Nobody calls me. The worst I've gotten are text messages saying your credit number is at risk, please entire this microsoft security number, blahblahblah.
Zephen
10/22/2014 11:56 am
Level 22 : Expert Pony
ZonkedCompanionSolution to unsolicited calls:

Answer all "unknown" phone calls with a 130db rape alarm.

OR

Answer all "unknown" phone calls with the sentence - "...its done but there's blood everywhere..." then hang up.

this made me laugh so hard
Zephen
10/22/2014 11:59 am
Level 22 : Expert Pony
Well, once I got a call from someone who worked for, and I quote "Windows operating system". now THAT was funny. Also i get emails from "lloyds tsb" ( notice the quotation marks) saying that my bank is for screening and i need to login to a dodgy website, even though i dont even have a bank account with loyds XD
Roleplay_Universe
10/22/2014 12:54 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
I was once sat on the sofa with my family and we were watching TV, then suddenly the phone rang. My mum picked it up and answered. It was another Indian person ringing about our windows. My mum replied with a pretend sneeze. We then hung up.
Sorry, that was so boring xD.

Yeah in the UK we get 0800 calls which are just people trying to sell you rubbish. I personally hate them, but from now on when I get one I'm definitely gonna prank call.
Floppypancake31
10/22/2014 2:32 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragonborn
lol, pretend to be another sales call... "Hello, can I interest you in double glazed windows?" "Nono, I'm interesting you in triple glazing."
Vocashiny
10/22/2014 1:23 pm
Level 20 : Expert Cake
I have a system for dealing with this. I actually look forward to some sales calls :3
Last time I got one I was on my computer. They said some stuff about PPI, so I put the phone next to my speaker and played the troll song full blast
I also got a phone call once where they claimed I'd won a free iPhone and I should give them my email to receive it. I told them I was PERFECTLY fine with my Nokia 100
Floppypancake31
10/22/2014 1:33 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Me: Hello?

Guy on the other end: Hello, can I speak to [My mums name]?

Me: Nah, there's nobody at home right now, we're at a fancy restaurant.

Guy: Okay. Thank you.

No kidding.
Sterouids
10/22/2014 1:44 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
I once got a letter in the mail from "The FBI" claiming that someone had downloaded a pirated movie on our WiFi connection. The only thing was we didnt have internet at the time. The address that we were supposed to return our payment was somewhere in Indiana.. No where near the FBI HQ
-Mage-
10/22/2014 1:45 pm
Level 42 : Master Fox
Some teenager kept texting my dad thinking he was someone else. O3O
Then my dad sent a picture of us to her, and she stopped messaging him.
Lancet13
10/22/2014 1:46 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Nerd
I got a call from a strange number once. He stated that he was a Microsoft employee, and that I had a computer issue of some kind.

He wanted to guide me step by step on what to do, however I wasn't going to follow any instructions until he answered a few of my questions.

I kept asking him "will this require Administrator Privelages (User Account Control)", however every time I asked him that, he reassured me that he was a microsoft employee. I simply kept asking him until he gave me a yes or no.

He eventually gave up and told me "Have a good day sir" in a somewhat angry tone, and hung up.

As the computer administrator of my household, I know what I am doing, and I know when I, or anyone else in my household, gets a virus.
3dsgeek333
10/22/2014 2:14 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
This never happened on the phone, but I had this one company (they were actually a legit company) harass me for months at the beginning of this year. They kept banging on the door and ringing the doorbell like they were the police, sometimes even screaming "HELLO? WE KNOW YOU'RE THERE!". I looked out the window upstairs once and could see them going down the street with their truck, door to door, doing the exact same thing. Once they drove around the neighborhood, honking their horn like crazy every time they passed a house. I decided to look this company up online (I won't give out its name) and it turns out they're infamous for overpriced electronics and horrible customer service. However, this bunch of employees that kept harassing the neighborhood were going the extra mile. I guess someone reported them to the neighborhood because they didn't come back for a while. However, one day in March it all started again. This time they sounded even angrier, probably because they knew somebody tried to report them. Finally, I cracked and decided to go to their store after hours. I left a letter for the manager reporting these employees, hoping this would make them worried that they would lose their jobs for real this time. Though I never got a reply, it seemed to have worked, as they haven't been seen since. I assume they've been fired
Antlo
10/22/2014 2:42 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Network
Hmm, I don't know if this was a scam because nothing bad really happened, that I know of. O.o

Anyways, I got a call a few days ago, from a random number. I answered it, and when I said "Hello", the automated thing immediately said "Goodbye" and it hung up. I thought it was pretty funny but then It started to creep me out, xD.
Enygma
10/22/2014 2:50 pm
Level 21 : Expert Artist
Haha the best thing to do when you get phone scam calls is put a baby on the phone and watch as the scammer says "Is your mother there?" and the baby keeps on babbling until the scammer hangs up
Jedi
10/22/2014 2:51 pm
Level 29 : Expert Artist
ZonkedCompanionSolution to unsolicited calls:

Answer all "unknown" phone calls with a 130db rape alarm.

OR

Answer all "unknown" phone calls with the sentence - "...its done but there's blood everywhere..." then hang up.

Do this, ALWAYS. I never get these calls. But if i do. Ima do one of these.
Lucy_the_Cow
10/23/2014 7:11 am
Level 38 : Artisan Ladybug
I love the idea of trolling them!
I still want to convince them while on the phone to them that I do not own a phone.

I almost did troll them once, but Mum wouldn't let me put them on speaker and play "Star Trekkin" to the guy. :C Much sadness.
sigurd4
10/23/2014 10:46 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Toast
once someone with an indian accent called and told me, in english (slightly suspicious?), that they would fix my computer and that they were from microsoft. would've been a really stupid scam, but coincidently, my computer had broken a few days ago, and i thought my dad had called customer service or something. i realized they were scamming me, though, once they asked me to install some software so they could control my computer wirelessly and fix it... xD
elfin8er
10/23/2014 11:55 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter
I really wish one of these "Windows virus support" guys would call me :/
anonpmc1280016
10/23/2014 12:02 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
[deleted]
TheDiam0ndCreeper
10/23/2014 12:18 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pony
My dad is the worst when it comes to these. He picks it up and they're like
"hullo sir we neeeed to fix your compooter(Thick indian accent)"
then mi dad is like
"Please take me off your caller list" then hangs up
elfin8er
10/23/2014 12:33 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter
Best thing to do if you just want them to go away. If they continue calling after you say this, the company will be in big trouble, and I think they'll have to pay you quite a bit of money...
anonpmc1494372
10/23/2014 1:33 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
[deleted]
anonpmc1494372
10/23/2014 1:38 pm
[deleted]
rotarydial
10/23/2014 2:24 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Lad
Oh, I am so trying these 030
spires33
10/24/2014 12:21 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
hello sir would you like to
PI PIKACHU
anonpmc1494372
10/25/2014 4:13 pm
[deleted]
Skitto493
10/23/2014 2:26 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Dragon
Someone texted me, saying they saw me on Skype...

I didn't have Skype at that time... LOL
10Andrew
10/23/2014 2:57 pm
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
For a while I was getting stupid phones call trying to scam me from strange numbers. A couple of days later an phone call came through from a place I was trying to get a part time job at. My brother picked up the phone and thought it was one of the scams.

He shouted down the phone "What the hell is wrong with you people, don't ever call back". Needless to say, I did not get the job.
Jamie3213
10/24/2014 12:13 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
I laugh when a phone call comes, I just give to my mum, continue playing Minecraft. Then I hear her in the next room "U CALLED ME NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND AND U WANT MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS!!! I QM NOT GOING THROUGH WITH THESE SURVEYS SO PUT ON YOUR STUPID INTERNET NOTES THAT I DONT WANT TO TALK TO U!!!

I continue laughing with my sister in the next room lol
Cheezbergur11
10/25/2014 5:31 pm
Level 26 : Expert Toast
Right before dinner one night (I was just about to sit down), my phone went off.

I answered and said "Hello?", and what I heard on the other end was something like:

"Hello. Did you know that every 30 seconds, a house gets robbed?" and it was obviously an automated voice, I just hung up right then.

Idk why, but we always get calls from random strangers though. Nothing else really though.
BossJordan_g
10/25/2014 5:36 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
One time at my birthday party my friends and I made prank phone calls.
We called Papa John's and asked directions to Pizza Hut.
We called Burger King and asked for Kung Pao chicken and rice.
We called this girl and said she needed to register for wait watchers.
Awesome. Sorry for everyone who got phone scammed, probably us haha!
Akeustlom
10/25/2014 5:41 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Scribe
When I accidentally tapped a wrong number and hung up instantly.
Azie
10/25/2014 5:45 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
I wish a "Microsoft Employee" would call me and tell me I have a virus. I would have so much fun. lol

This isn't really a scam, but I keep getting called by telemarketers that only speak Spanish. I want them to stop calling me, but I don't speak Spanish, I don't want to change my number, and my provider charges more per months for blocked numbers.
GrizzlyAmish
10/25/2014 5:59 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
Set up a virtual machine and let them go ham.
They'll feel good that they think they did something productive, and you'll feel good for wasting their time. Win-win!

ThisIsBurrFTWOne time my dad got a call from someone claiming he had won a free luxury cruise to the bahamas. My dad played along for about 2 hours, and in the 2 hours he kept repeatedly asking if he could bring our horse (Oreo) on the cruise with him whenever the guy asked who my dad wanted to bring with him. When he was denied allowance of a horse-y passanger he kept asking "Why can't i?" and the poor guy couldn't express why so finally the guy just made a really flustered grunt and hung up.

I don't think I've ever seen my parents laugh so hard in my entire life.

I love your dad.

I never had any phone call scams, but I do get the annoying telemarketer calls.
If they ever call my cell phone... they better wish they don't run into me...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome