Scoreboard Command block help needed

Simpleboykid's Avatar Simpleboykid5/20/20 4:54 pm
1 emeralds 106 6
5/20/2020 8:44 pm
Simpleboykid's Avatar Simpleboykid
I need to set up commad blocks so when someone joins there is a title and i need to give them a score board. I have looked at multiple wikis and videos. please help!
Simpleboykid
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/20/2020 5:06 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Button Pusher
BlazeDrake
Like when they join the first time, or every time they join? If you want to have it for when they join the first time, put
/title @a[tag=!joined] title (title text)in a repeating command block that's always active. Then, put
/scoreboard players add @a[tag=!joined] (scoreboardname) 1Into a conditional chain command block next in the sequence. Finally, put
/tag @a[tag=!joined] add joinedIn a 2nd conditional chain command block. You'd have to set up the scoreboard beforehand with
/scoreboard objectives add (scoreboardname) dummy (displayname)of course. It's a lot more complex for a one for whenever the person joins
05/20/2020 5:41 pmhistory
Simpleboykid
I think that should work. I have four questions. If a player leaves then joins will they keep their scoreboard values? Do i have to power any of these with red stone or do the work by themselves? Is there a way i can test these out? Does this make the scoreboard appear on their screen? Thanks so much!!
05/20/2020 6:57 pm
BlazeDrake
  1. They keep their scores if they leave & rejoin, but sidebar displays break when they're offline
  2. You don't need redstone if you set always active to true, otherwise you do
  3. You can remove the tag from yourself to test it out multiple times
  4. It doesn't show the score on their screens. I don't know of any way to do that, unless the scoreboard will have a fixed value
05/20/2020 7:09 pmhistory
Simpleboykid
thanks so much! If i have a command block with /scoreboard objectives setdisplay sidebar (scoreboard name) would that be able to put their score on their screen? how do i remove myself from the tag? Also do i need to make the joined tag or do the command blocks make it? so sorry i have so many questions i am very new at commands.
05/20/2020 8:33 pmhistory
BlazeDrake
You don't need to do anything special to make the joined tag work. The sidebar display shows everyone's scores, even offline people. You could do list, which shows it in the pause menu, and I believe it only shows online people. To remove the tag from yourself, do /tag @s remove joined Edit: This method is actually extremely flawed, don't use it
05/20/2020 8:44 pmhistory
Simpleboykid
alright. thank you so much! if i have any more questions i will direct message you or make a post.
I probably will have more questions about different topics.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome