Hi All,
I'm new to forums but, i have a server that only has about 5 people on it at the best of times (still in construction).
This server is Bukkit. It has 2gigs RAM (allocated to Minecraft, not in total. in total it has 4) and a Quad core processor and Gigabit Network card. (this will soon be upgraded to 32gigs and Xenon processor)
The problem i am having is that it is laggy at times and i only have 1 bar to it in Multiplayer menu. This server is literally next to my computer. It goes in to a Gigabit switch using Cat6. The switch goes to my modem with Cat6. For those in Australia i have NBN (100mb/s Down 40mb/s Up). All of my network equipment is Gigabit, and all patch leads are Cat6.
Now for the weird part (at least i think). Everyone externally can connect to it fine, Just local. I have no problems connecting to the Server that is running the Bukkit server (dedicated), Just Minecraft. I can connect to all of my other servers, NAS's and Mediacentre perfectly as well, so it's not the network.
I have tried without plugins as well. I've restarted the Bukkit server, and the server it's self.
Sorry for the long version but i really need a solution.
I'm new to forums but, i have a server that only has about 5 people on it at the best of times (still in construction).
This server is Bukkit. It has 2gigs RAM (allocated to Minecraft, not in total. in total it has 4) and a Quad core processor and Gigabit Network card. (this will soon be upgraded to 32gigs and Xenon processor)
The problem i am having is that it is laggy at times and i only have 1 bar to it in Multiplayer menu. This server is literally next to my computer. It goes in to a Gigabit switch using Cat6. The switch goes to my modem with Cat6. For those in Australia i have NBN (100mb/s Down 40mb/s Up). All of my network equipment is Gigabit, and all patch leads are Cat6.
Now for the weird part (at least i think). Everyone externally can connect to it fine, Just local. I have no problems connecting to the Server that is running the Bukkit server (dedicated), Just Minecraft. I can connect to all of my other servers, NAS's and Mediacentre perfectly as well, so it's not the network.
I have tried without plugins as well. I've restarted the Bukkit server, and the server it's self.
Sorry for the long version but i really need a solution.
1
Don't connect locally
