Can't Move items in inventory normally

EpicMiner333's Avatar EpicMiner3333/17/15 9:33 pm
3/17/2015 10:07 pm
EpicMiner333's Avatar EpicMiner333
I'm having a problem in which I can't efficiently move items around in my inventory, or in any inventories (furnaces, chests, etc.) This happens in all the different Minecraft instances, whether it be Technic, FTB, AT, or just regular Minecraft.
The problem happens sort of like this (it happens always by the way):
I'll go to try to move something around in my inventory, but when I click on it, I can't pick it up. I can hold down the left mouse button, which will pick up the entire stack of items, and as I move my cursor around, it will deposit one block at a time in random spots in the inventory. This means, of course, it takes me about half a century to craft anything with more than a couple blocks. I can't right click to split the stack in half or divide it up. Touchscreen mode is off. I tried restarting minecraft for each instance, and it still doesn't work on any of them. I've also tried restarting my computer. Please help me...
EpicMiner333
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ENuclear_235
03/17/2015 9:52 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
Look to see if touchscreen mode is enabled in controls. I also had this problem a few times and this was always the cause.
EpicMiner333
03/17/2015 9:53 pm
Read my original post.
ENuclear_235
03/17/2015 9:59 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
Ah, sorry about that. Maybe try using a different mouse?
EpicMiner333
03/17/2015 10:07 pm
Nah, that also doesn't seem to work. A strange thing is that I can still get NEI to show me recipes
Snowyfox
03/17/2015 9:35 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Something's definitely wrong with your Minecraft build. Reinstall?

Are you playing in a server? It could be severe server lag or some plugin failing to override the inventory system.

You said even regular Minecraft has your problem, and switching instances doesn't help, so unless it's an installation error (one of your libraries is rekt), it doesn't seem like it's specifically any of your versions' fault.

*EDIT*
Just to clarify, the controls work in a way where left-clicking once picks up the entire stack, and right-clicking picks half of that stack. Holding is not supposed to do anything AFAIK.
EpicMiner333
03/17/2015 9:45 pm
This is happening in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer Minecraft.
Yes, but the thing is that when I just do a plain left mouse click on a group of items in a specific slot, I can't pick them up like that. Right click is completely function-less for me now also. The only way I can move items around is by holding down the mouse button and dragging them to their desired location. (Yes, this means shift clicking doesn't work either). I am tending to think that it may be a problem with my physical computer, since it's happening with all of the different minecraft instances, and they don't have shared libraries.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome