Citizens Plugin | NPC Basic Creation

This is a guide to make a standard NPC that:

-Watches you when you get close
-Talks to you as you pass
-Has a player's skin
-Has an item in their hand

using the Citizens plugin.

Step One:

Join your server and find the spot where you want your NPC and look the direction you want it.

Step Two:

Type the command into chat - /npc create <playername> - For these purposes I will use my username. So I will type - /npc create MrSecurity1 - This will create a NPC of me. He will just stand there and do nothing.

Step Three:

Now enter the command - /npc lookclose - This will force their heads to rotate toward near, passing players. If it has worked the NPC will look straight at you.

Step Four:

Now to make them talk you must enter the following command - /npc text - This will open the text editor. For the next few commands you will not need a '/' infront of the commmands. Type - add - Now type what ever you want your NPC to say. For example - &4Hi, I'm MrSecurity1&r - That will cause the NPC to say - Hi, I'm MrSecurity1 - However he will not say anything without a trigger.

Step Five:

To make them talk as a player walks past type - close - This will toggle them as a close talker. To set the range you have to be in for them to talk type - range - then the block radius - 5 - This will now set up the NPC to do the following - When a player walks past within a five block radius he will watch you walk past and say "Hi, I'm MrSecurity1" -

Step Six:

Now the finishing touch, equipment. This works with all equipment/items. Do the command - /npc equip - Then Right-Click the NPC with the item you want them to hold/wear.

Finishing Notes:

To stop your NPCs being targeted by mobs (Zombies, Skeletons etc) then do - /npc targetable - This will stop them being hit. That's all!

Hoped this helped! Leave a comment etc. and vist my server: 81.201.129.47:33369

More advanced tutorial coming soon. Including:

-Traits
-Paths
-Proffesions

Bye!
MrSecurity1
Level 4 : Apprentice Engineer