Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Help keyboard_arrow_right Java Edition

Create Forum Thread

Could not reserve enough memory for object heap

1 emeralds3 replies62 views
created 02/12/2020 8:48 am by Blyatman
last reply 02/18/2020 5:50 pm
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for 3305472KB object heap
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

Is the error that comes up when i try to load minecraft with the R.A.D. modpack even though i have 8 gigs of ram

Is there a fix for this?
Posted by avatar
Blyatman
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

3 replies

02/13/2020 12:59 am
Level 21 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
install 64bit java and make sure the default launcher is set to use it
02/18/2020 5:50 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Blyatman
of course i have 64bit java
02/12/2020 5:39 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
icephantom
Well, even though you have 8gb ram - are you allocating extra ram to the game ? ....... If you have 8gb the max I would suggest allocating is 6gb - to leave a couple of gigs for your operating system.
I've just loaded this pack to give it a try, and allocating 6gb it was using around 40% of available memory, so it should easily run between
4 - 6gb ram.
If using the Vanilla Minecraft launcher, click on the 'Installations' option near the top of the window, put your mouse pointer over the RAD installation and where you see the green 'play' button over to the right of your screen, just to the right of that is a square box with 3 dots in. Click on it and choose the 'edit' option. Near the bottom, click on the 'more options' and then scroll down until you see 'jvm arguments' and where you see 'Xmx2g' make that' Xmx6g' and then save and lauch the game again.
Planet Minecraft Logo

Website

© 2010 - 2020
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome