Deleted java accidentally!

goldfishhss's Avatar goldfishhss6/29/19 2:42 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 3
6/29/2019 9:54 pm
moxwel's Avatar moxwel
So a few months ago minecraft froze up extremely bad and i was deleting useless things to make it run faster and clear up more space. I thought: "Oh well, I can just delete java and get it back to play minecraft again!" so i deleted it and emptied my trash. I don't know what happened but I tried to redownload java and it did not work at all. I'm still extremely confused! I didn't set up minecraft or anything and my parents didn't either. I don't know how to get it back so i can play again. Please help!
goldfishhss
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/29/2019 9:54 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Dragon
moxwel
Strange... "move Java to the trash" does not uninstall Java. If you are in Windows, you must go to Control Panel to uninstall it. I will think you just deleted the "installer" of Java.

If you want to know if Java is installed in your PC, if you are in Windows, press the keys: [Windows] + [R], and type "cmd", that will open the command prompt of Windows. There, type "java". If a message apears like: " 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command ", that means you don't have Java installed; otherwise, you have Java installed.

If a message says "Unable to locate the java runtime." in Minecraft, make sure that in the Minecraft Launcher, in the profile options, the "Java Executable" setting is turned OFF (According to a bug report in Mojang: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCL-5638).
06/29/2019 3:44 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
You can redownload Java from this link here. You said that re-installing Java didn't work though. Did it (or Minecraft itself) give you any type of error message or crashlog that may help us to narrow down the problem that you are having?
06/29/2019 4:03 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
goldfishhss
Yes, it says "Unable to locate the java runtime."
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome