Dimensions not working

Neutrelize's Avatar Neutrelize2/15/22 12:02 pm history
1 emeralds 131 6
2/19/2022 2:06 pm
Neutrelize's Avatar Neutrelize
The nether and the end dimension aren't working for me. When I try going to the nether, I just step into the portal and the animation plays but nothing happens. When I try going to the end, I just fall through the portal.
Here is the world download: 500 Hour Skyblock Minecraft Map (planetminecraft.com)
Please help me!
Neutrelize
Level 31 : Artisan Procrastinator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/17/2022 11:45 pmhistory
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
Well, I did post an update, but then I saw your new upload of the map, so here is a more up-to-date update.
There is a difference between the first version I tried and the latest version. It is now warning me that you are using experimental settings in the map, which usually means either you've added a mod or datapack, or something to your minecraft client. Whatever it is, it has caused a problem to your map for dimension travel, which is why you are unable to leave the overworld.
I have spent a little time and fixed the problem. However, because your client and mine are not going to be the same, whaever you have added to your client may / will cause the problem to occur again as soon as you try out the corrected map.
All I can say is, the version of the map in the attached link does work for me when travelling to the End or Nether, whereas your map does not.
There may be minor differences between the fixed map and yours, or there may be no differences at all. I can't see any but I haven't travelled the entire map, so fingers crossed everything remains the same.
Its a nice build and there has been significant changes between the 2 versions of the map that I've downloaded, so good luck if it isn't finished yet, what you've done so far is very good.
Good luck - map link : https://www.mediafire.com/file/up91urxecugzg2t/_61.18_Skyblock.zip/file
02/19/2022 2:06 pm
Neutrelize
Thank you so much!
02/16/2022 5:37 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
Well, I was looking forward to trying to fix this world, but I am unable to fix something that is not broke.
I loaded your world into a new installation of Minecraft ver 1.18.1. I found your nether portal and went through and arrived at the nether. Since I found some red planks there holding back some lava, I must assume at some stage, you must have made it there to.
I found and repaired the end portal. I went through and found myself in the end facing the dragon.

It may be there is something amiss with your minecraft installation. I use MultiMC as my launcher for Minecraft, not that it should make any difference, however, using that, I could find no issues with this map. Perhaps try a fresh install of Minecraft and have another try because in my view, there is nothing broke here.
02/16/2022 6:27 pm
Neutrelize
I also just re-uploaded the current world
02/16/2022 6:22 pm
Neutrelize
Yeah, I just tried the portals again. Using the vanilla installation, I go into the nether portal and the animation appear but I can't go to the nether. Same thing with the end portal, I just fall through it.
02/16/2022 6:02 pmhistory
Neutrelize
Really? Nothing's wrong with the world files or anything? I've tried using vanilla Minecraft as well as optifine and neither works. I'll try again...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome