DOES ANYONE KNOW?

DeadAccount101's Avatar DeadAccount10112/13/15 7:22 am
1 emeralds 117 2
12/14/2015 7:04 am
Dras's Avatar Dras
Hello PMC,

Just wondering, does anyone know of a full TUTORIAL with absolutely everything you need when making a server. From building your main spawn and game spawns to dealing with all the most used plugins, getting voting to work and setting up Buycraft & Enjin etc and setting up ranks & permissions.

I am looking for a tutorial that literally covers everything when it comes to making a server from SCRATCH.

Thanks, AgentSwampy
DeadAccount101
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/14/2015 7:04 am
Level 29 : Expert Architect
Dras
I really doubt there is such a tutorial anywhere out there. No server should be the same so no one would really make something like that.

The best way to do things is to simply find a tutorial that helps to cater your needs whether it be a Building Tutorial, a Plugin Installation Tutorial, or a Plugin Configuration Tutorial, YouTube should have various things on that surely.

If you have 0 know-how on servers your really gonna have it tough in my opinion. I personally consider myself a builder in the minecraft community and i do not have much knowledge in the plugin/configuration area of servers considering i'm more creative minded than technical.

---

Some ideas you can try out though include asking around on the forums for a Builder or a Developer (which can be posted on the Server Recruitment thread).

Builders can be easy to come by, just post a thread saying you need someone to build a spawn etc and you may get a few people wanting to help, doing it this way though isn't always smart as you wouldn't have any idea on their building abilities (unless they have example work). A more sure fire way of getting something good is to commission a build from people who do such things, they are usually better builders, have examples of work and do a very nice job at it. Though this will cost money.

When it comes to Developers, just know that they will need access to the server files, so if you can't do this yourself, just make sure you get someone that seems trustworthy.
*I have limited knowledge on this.*

I do hope this helps in some way! ^.^
12/14/2015 4:17 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
Lead_Airplanes
I don't know of one, really. I think there's not really a formula... For example building spawn, you kinda have to have your own thing going. There are features you should implement, but that's more of a checklist than a tutorial. Then ranks and perms, plenty of tutorials for that and it depends on which perms plugin you use. The tutorial would even depend on what OS your server runs on.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome