1

Error on starting new bukkit server (Help D: )

Squidington •5/25/12 4:24 pm
•
1.1k
•
9/22/2013 8:10 pm
I get this error when I try to start the "start_server.command" file I was told to make.

"The file “start_server copy.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges."

That is the error.
I tried changing privileges but it didn't help at all ((

Thanks.
Posted by
Squidington
Level 1 : New Explorer
2

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

38

eliseimo
• 09/22/2013 8:10 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
so I have the same problem, and I was just confused on how to do it. what should I put in TextEdit since i'm not sqiddington?
1
ezrak90
• 08/08/2012 11:23 pm
• Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
What password to i type in??
1
technogators12
• 05/26/2012 9:45 am
• Level 20 : Expert System
K
1
technogators12
• 05/26/2012 7:43 am
• Level 20 : Expert System
Nope u leave it out
1
Squidington
• 05/26/2012 8:52 am
• Level 1 : New Explorer
I got it working,Leaving it out didn't work.But thanks for the help.
1
Squidington
• 05/26/2012 7:03 am
• Level 1 : New Explorer
Do I re-add it?
1
technogators12
• 05/26/2012 6:58 am
• Level 20 : Expert System
Remove ip from server.properties
1
Squidington
• 05/26/2012 7:00 am
• Level 1 : New Explorer
Ok,then what?
1
technogators12
• 05/26/2012 6:58 am
• Level 20 : Expert System
SquidingtonUh,I have a new error:

Last login: Sat May 26 11:48:45 on ttys001
Jennifers-MacBook-Pro:~ jenniferbrand$ /Users/jenniferbrand/Desktop/CraftBukkit/start_server\ copy.command ; exit;
182 recipes
27 achievements
11:49:16 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5
11:49:16 [INFO] Loading properties
11:49:16 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 5.68.157.198:25565
11:49:16 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
11:49:16 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
11:49:16 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
>

Ok so remove the ip from the server.properties



I'm not running ANY other servers at all.Also,it was fine until I added a few new plugins.I removed them but still it won't work.
1
Squidington
• 05/26/2012 6:53 am
• Level 1 : New Explorer
Uh,I have a new error:

Last login: Sat May 26 11:48:45 on ttys001
Jennifers-MacBook-Pro:~ jenniferbrand$ /Users/jenniferbrand/Desktop/CraftBukkit/start_server\ copy.command ; exit;
182 recipes
27 achievements
11:49:16 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5
11:49:16 [INFO] Loading properties
11:49:16 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 5.68.157.198:25565
11:49:16 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
11:49:16 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
11:49:16 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
>



I'm not running ANY other servers at all.Also,it was fine until I added a few new plugins.I removed them but still it won't work.
1
Squidington
• 05/25/2012 6:44 pm
• Level 1 : New Explorer
Oops.I meant to add at the bottom of that:

^Intelligence.
1
dude58
• 05/25/2012 6:38 pm
• Level 29 : Expert Taco
Macs are more of a work computer. Although they can be a large load on your budget.
Windows are created for gaming. Kind of expensive, but oh well.
Linux is usually free, and can do almost everything a mac can do.

So, to sum it up.

  • For work:
  • 1. Linux
  • 2. Mac
  • 3. Windows
  • Gaming:
  • 1. Windows
  • 2. Mac
  • 3. Linux
1
Squidington
• 05/25/2012 6:44 pm
• Level 1 : New Explorer
1
Squidington
• 05/25/2012 6:35 pm
• Level 1 : New Explorer
Guess who just became an admin on my new server? :3
Hamachi is InkCraft pass is 123.I'll send you the IP over hamachi.
1
Squidington
• 05/25/2012 6:36 pm
• Level 1 : New Explorer
InkCraft's taken.Join 123InkCraft123 same pass
1
technogators12
• 05/25/2012 6:25 pm
• Level 20 : Expert System
Macs rule cause they well maintained with updates not like windows random updates that slow comps. I use linux cause Windows sucks and u use textedit right
1
Peri_Rawesome
• 05/25/2012 6:22 pm
• Level 42 : Master Lad
point is jeb, they don't spend that sort of time on making their products. Also, treating things with respect, i.e not dropping them over and over again stops them from breaking.
1
jesbuscus
• 05/25/2012 6:18 pm
• Level 32 : Artisan Pixel Painter
[q
No they don't.[/quote]
im sorry but ihate EVERYTHING apple makes they always break and are LQ they really need to fix allot of products[/quote]
Fix what products Mr Expert? LQ in the sense that it takes 3 hours to machine each macbook pro body from a single block of aluminium? And windows PCs are always so reliable, being made of plastic and other cheap materials etc.[/quote]
the iphone,mac,ipad, they always break my android ive dropped literally hundreds of times and still not even a scratch and im sure it would take any company 3 hours to machine a block of aluminum to the size of a mac book
1
Peri_Rawesome
• 05/25/2012 6:18 pm
• Level 42 : Master Lad
ok just type
cd
add a space, then drag the server folder onto the terminal window. the do the sudo bash thing again
1
Squidington
• 05/25/2012 6:22 pm
• Level 1 : New Explorer
Thanks,you are really helping,but it didn't work either.Now It's just saying it's not a directory.
1
Peri_Rawesome
• 05/25/2012 6:24 pm
• Level 42 : Master Lad
Im afraid if that isn't working, it very hard for me to do anything more without seeing your screen, do any other members of your family know how to use the terminal?
1
Squidington
• 05/25/2012 6:29 pm
• Level 1 : New Explorer
Uh.I'm the only one that can use terminal.Also,I have skype,we could screen share over that,although,no mic or video.
1
Jaden850
• 05/25/2012 5:58 pm
• Level 47 : Master Pixel Painter
wow jesbuscus that rude but yea squidington try moving it to your desktop if it is not there.
1
jesbuscus
• 05/25/2012 5:56 pm
• Level 32 : Artisan Pixel Painter
oh mac pffft they suck
1
Peri_Rawesome
• 05/25/2012 5:56 pm
• Level 42 : Master Lad
No they don't.
1
jesbuscus
• 05/25/2012 6:02 pm
• Level 32 : Artisan Pixel Painter
im sorry but ihate EVERYTHING apple makes they always break and are LQ they really need to fix allot of products
1
Peri_Rawesome
• 05/25/2012 6:05 pm
• Level 42 : Master Lad
Fix what products Mr Expert? LQ in the sense that it takes 3 hours to machine each macbook pro body from a single block of aluminium? And windows PCs are always so reliable, being made of plastic and other cheap materials etc.
1
Peri_Rawesome
• 05/25/2012 5:54 pm
• Level 42 : Master Lad
ok guys, you are being noobs. Squiddington is on a mac, the file is a .command Provided you have admin permissions, type this into terminal
cd <server folder address> ('/Users/squiddington....')
then type this
sudo bash start_server.command
then it will prompt for a password
it should run
1
Squidington
• 05/25/2012 6:05 pm
• Level 1 : New Explorer
I'm currently on my moms laptop (Less lagg) Her name is jenniferbrand.My CraftBukkit Folder is on my desktop.
What is the EXACT thing I type into terminal?
1
Peri_Rawesome
• 05/25/2012 6:09 pm
• Level 42 : Master Lad
ok type this
cd /Users/jenniferbrand/Desktop/<folder name> (press enter here)
sudo bash start_server.command (press enter)
if you did it right, it will prompt for a password.
1
Squidington
• 05/25/2012 6:11 pm
• Level 1 : New Explorer
Uh.
Last login: Fri May 25 23:08:08 on ttys000
Jennifers-MacBook-Pro:~ jenniferbrand$ cd /Users/jenniferbrand/Desktop/<folder name>
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
Jennifers-MacBook-Pro:~ jenniferbrand$ sudo bash start_server.command

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:
bash: start_server.command: No such file or directory
Jennifers-MacBook-Pro:~ jenniferbrand$
1
Squidington
• 05/25/2012 6:00 pm
• Level 1 : New Explorer
Thanks!
If You want to come on the server,you can be an admin
1
Peri_Rawesome
• 05/25/2012 6:02 pm
• Level 42 : Master Lad
Yeah ok!
1
Roran234
• 05/25/2012 5:50 pm
• Level 28 : Expert Architect
Is it a .bat file? Or are you trying to use a control panel? o.o
1
Squidington
• 05/25/2012 5:48 pm
• Level 1 : New Explorer
Roran234
SquidingtonI get this error when I try to start the "start_server.command" file I was told to make.

"The file “start_server copy.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges."

That is the error.
I tried changing privileges but it didn't help at all ((

Thanks.

Are you hosting this on your computer, or a hosting provider?


I am hosting it on my computer.
couljjIt means you don't have admin access on the computer you're using. Either that, or you don't have that access with the hosting service.


It's my own computer. ._.
1
couljj
• 05/25/2012 4:59 pm
• Level 56 : Grandmaster Goblin
It means you don't have admin access on the computer you're using. Either that, or you don't have that access with the hosting service.
1
Roran234
• 05/25/2012 4:42 pm
• Level 28 : Expert Architect
SquidingtonI get this error when I try to start the "start_server.command" file I was told to make.

"The file “start_server copy.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges."

That is the error.
I tried changing privileges but it didn't help at all ((

Thanks.

Are you hosting this on your computer, or a hosting provider?
1
jesbuscus
• 05/25/2012 4:36 pm
• Level 32 : Artisan Pixel Painter
no clue srry but i can help with plugins?
1

Welcome