Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Help keyboard_arrow_right Java Edition

Create Forum Thread

FPS Drop

3 emeralds10 replies145 views
created 08/20/2019 4:05 pm by cantsleep
last reply 09/02/2019 3:30 pm
Okay, so I'm new the site and am sorry if I do anything wrong.

So, this is an issue that just started today. I booted up my pc to play some mc like normal only upon entering my favorite server I noticed very low fps. I can usually get 250-350 fps in my favorite game, yet today playing it, I only got from 20-50 fps. None of my settings or mods have changed. I don't know if I have a virus or anything either. I am currently doing a virus scan with sophos right now. I don't know what it is that's wrong and I really want to fix the issue as playing like this is impossible. If someone could help me I would be very appreciative.

Another thing to note is upon checking task manager (after Minecraft was completely closed and it showed Java SE Binary as taking up 0% of my computers 'processing power'), I saw the my "Disk" was between 95%-100%. This is obviously not good, though I've always had low Disk, maybe not this bad but I've had it pretty high before (in the 80+ range).

Again if anyone could assist me I would be very grateful.
Thanks, and enjoy the rest of your day/night.

-sleepless
Posted by avatar
cantsleep
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

10 replies

09/02/2019 3:30 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
SirCodester36
Another issue that is easy to miss is tasks/schedules that run on your computer in the background. For example, if you have a Disk Derangement that comes on every "x" days at "x" time, it will run in the background without pulling up a warning or window. As you can imagine, that's very strenuous. Probably not what's going on with you if it lasted more than an hour or two, but I've witnessed it a few times.
08/24/2019 12:41 pm
baileythethot
I have the same problem... However, my Disk is still at like 9% so that isn't the problem.
08/23/2019 11:20 pm
papercreeper
Look if you have some memory left on your pc. If your hard drive is full your pc starts to get really slower
08/21/2019 5:12 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Any background programs running? What are your specs? Have you tried other games and see if it drops there?
08/21/2019 11:35 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Narwhal
pixelsquared
Could you post a screenshot of you "F3 + shift" screen?
08/21/2019 10:31 am
Level 23 : Expert Architect
TNHo
I suggest you create a single player world and see if the FPS drop there. If your FPS doesn't drop in that world, then there's definitely a problem with the server, just like what a user said below. If the FPS still drop, then there may be a problem with your pc
08/20/2019 9:57 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Artist
Rami-slicer
Operating system?
08/20/2019 5:34 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
CeIeste
I'm assuming you've tried this but you could try restarting your pc. If I have low framerate that normally boosts it back up
08/20/2019 8:31 pm
cantsleep
Ya I did restart. The virus scan said I had nothing so I really don't know what's up.
08/20/2019 9:52 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
CeIeste
It could be a server issue rather than your minecraft

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome