1 fps everywhere?

pachesthedog's Avatar pachesthedog4/29/13 8:16 pm
1 emeralds 13.8k 32
5/28/2016 9:39 am
drmrd's Avatar drmrd
Hey everyone!
I really need some help on this...like a lot. I'm gonna split this up into a paragraph and a list. My situation, and what I have tried.

So it's been going on for almost 6 weeks now, and I'm really actually upset. I don't just get 1 fps on servers, it's on singleplayer, and title screen. The title screen is supposed to pan, right? Well on mine, it pans for maybe a second, then stops. Then does the same, and stops. Even when I'm trying to select things on there, my mouse is moving normal, but when I try and select something it stays the color of "selected" and takes around 10 seconds to go to the next screen, but the selection is still slow. In fact, slow is the only word I can really describe it with. When I connect to servers, I can move. It functions correctly, but I can't really move smoothly, or naturally, or almost at all. I get one fps, which basically means one block per 30 seconds for me. On singleplayer, same deal. It started in 1.5, but it's definitely not the update. It worked on 1.5 for almost a week, until it broke.

I have tried
Restarting minecraft
Restarting computer
Reinstalling minecraft
Deleting all worlds(With backup)
Deleting all texture packs(With backup)
Reverting the update
Cleaning the hard drive
Uninstalling all the unnecessary programs(I actually found a few viruses!)
My dad's a computer programmer/engineer, and he has spent like 3 or four hours searching my computer and minecraft for anything. I see how this is pretty vague so if you have any suggestions under this category I'm wide open.
Optifine. 5 times.
Divine intervention
Removing all old mods
Removing all current mods
Allocating memory

I think that's everything, if you have any additional questions, please ask. Anything is welcome. Literally. I tried divine intervention. Any suggestions that are try-able.

Thank you, anyone and everyone!
pachesthedog
Level 6 : Apprentice Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/28/2016 9:39 am
Level 1 : New Miner
drmrd
Hey guys I'm having the same issue on Minecraft. I used to have an old desktop, piece of junk, integrated graphics, 4GB RAM, but it ran minecraft like a champ. I purchased a basic gaming laptop a few weeks ago and minecraft runs at 1 FPS on the absolute lowest settings, it doesn't matter. Not sure what's happening, but I'm attaching a link to amazon for the computer I bought so you guys can look at it and get more info about it. My laptop runs a bunch of other games in pretty high settings no problem, but can't run minecraft. I'm not savvy on this stuff, so if you have an idea about what to do... can you give me a step by step? Thanks!

BTW, I do have 64bit Java, and my graphics drivers are updated.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-E5-57 ... ailpages00
11/06/2013 6:32 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
Run a virus scan (deleting unused programs doesn't necessarily get rid of all the components of a virus/malware). Tell us how it reacts when you try to play other games. Also, to those saying 'not everyone is filthy rich we can't buy more ram/a new computer!' well...it's the truth. Whether he can afford it or not, it sounds like he needs a new computer. I'm not sure how that's being construed as an insult or attack.

Also, what exactly do you mean when you said you found some viruses? Are you talking about actual, legit viruses or just adware/malware (which is much more common)?
11/06/2013 5:56 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
MinecraftManDotCom
What is your computer like running other games? It might be a problem with your system rather than Minecraft?
11/05/2013 7:28 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
zacthedead
Well, it might be the Graphics card (or Integrated GPU) that's the problem, does it lag with others games or just minecraft?
11/05/2013 7:25 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Narwhal
MineOut
Oh my god..."Download more ram" is a joke. You guys need to go on the internet more often.
11/05/2013 7:15 pm
Level 43 : Master Mountaineer
revenge_racer
Also, to everyone saying "just get a new computer" not everybody is filthy rich, alright? I know I don't have a few 100 bills to just go buy a new pc... If they've already got a crappy computer, chances are they don't have the money or aren't willing to spend (which I totally understand...) the money to get a new one, or they probably already would have.
11/05/2013 7:18 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Modder
ebrbrbbrbrb
11/06/2013 6:07 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
McJackson3180
You don't have to be filthy rich to buy a computer
11/05/2013 7:13 pm
Level 43 : Master Mountaineer
revenge_racer
Seriously? "download more ram bro"? Please know anything about what you are saying before you say it.
11/05/2013 7:31 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
-Rusty
11/05/2013 7:06 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
I guess it's a little bit of a pet peeve when people say, "Oh, just get more RAM."
Not a lot of people have the money to just go out and buy some more memory...
11/05/2013 7:04 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Narwhal
MineOut
download more ram bro, easy fix.
11/05/2013 7:11 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Modder
ebrbrbbrbrb
You don't download RAM... You buy it and physically install it onto your computer.
11/05/2013 6:53 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Johnnyboy1325476
Click to reveal
hello!
04/30/2013 7:59 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Narwhal
mrgdoesmc
Maybe its a computer problem tell the person you got it from
04/30/2013 4:45 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
sed11
Tedster
Strum355
sed11-Get more memory.
-Get more RAM.
-Reinstall Java

The first 2 that I said might not work if the game has actually been working smoothly before, and you haven't switched computers.

Memory is ram.

Any storage medium is memory.

Meh, I wasn't thinking of that at the time.
Although, I think I was talking about Disk memory, but I guess it doesn't help you.
04/30/2013 1:17 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Strum355
Tedster
Strum355
sed11-Get more memory.
-Get more RAM.
-Reinstall Java

The first 2 that I said might not work if the game has actually been working smoothly before, and you haven't switched computers.

Memory is ram.

Memory is considered ram, ive yet to hear of people who call storage memory. Also that isnt going to increase the speed
04/30/2013 3:20 am
Level 22 : Expert Warrior
Tedster
Strum355
sed11-Get more memory.
-Get more RAM.
-Reinstall Java

Memory is ram.

04/30/2013 2:46 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Pokemon
LeoL274
How much RAM do you have? Also, make sure you have the latest version of Java installed, try reinstalling it.
04/30/2013 2:41 am
Level 22 : Expert Warrior
Tedster
I'm assuming that you're pachesthedog on MCF.
Please reply to the topic you made on there.
04/29/2013 9:12 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Hero
sed11
-Get more memory.
-Get more RAM.
-Reinstall Java

04/30/2013 4:50 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Wolf Whisperer
DeleteThisPleaseThan
In technical terms, Memory is ram,
and just because its java, doesn't mean the heap size and ram is an always go to upgrade.

Generically, its always the CPU being the culprit. but this will be solved on JRE 8 Update due to GPU acceleration.
04/30/2013 8:00 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Narwhal
mrgdoesmc
that virus thing at the bottom really scared me
04/30/2013 3:19 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Strum355
Memory is ram.

Also, from what ive seen, its a laptop so i doubt you can upgrade it. Seeing as its a spare one ill guess its an old one, so it wont run well. People say minecraft doesnt need a good computer to run, but it does need a decent one. Also, the fact that t worked before could mean a dying hard drive, but if the rest of the computer runs fine as always i doubt its that
11/05/2013 7:30 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
-Rusty
Like what Strum said, I'd try getting an external hard drive, slapping Minecraft onto it, and then see what it's like. Also, is it ONLY Minecraft that lags this bad?
04/29/2013 9:07 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Archer
cjfitz2009
But what i was trying to say was optifine doesnt just fix it you have to play with the options. also my last computer did the same thing and optifine and a direct connect fixed it!
04/29/2013 9:03 pm
Level 42 : Master uwu
mrjrbacon
Try fixing your registry and deleting temporary files or even cleaning the inside of your computer.
04/29/2013 9:00 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Archer
cjfitz2009
Optifine helps if you set the options right. When you click on options, video settings, then make sure water particals, clouds,fog, rain, all off. Also make sure that the slider is on max fps that helps alot. Are you using a wireless internet source, If so plug your computer right into the network wire, (the wire that comes out of the wall into the router) sometimes that wireless gives people problems. If all that fails you may want to get more RAM or a new computer.
04/29/2013 9:04 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Blacksmith
SkyTechKid
Re-read the post.

He already tried using optifine. Anyways, I think there's a system failure. Get a new computer.
04/29/2013 8:24 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Cake
pachesthedog
I have a inspiron 14z, I don't know much about it because it was a replacement computer for my old one. The one thing I do know if that it's a crappy computer. The idea I had was a new device driver or video card.
04/29/2013 8:22 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Goblin
goneeeeeeee
Could be a slow processor, tell us your specs.
04/29/2013 8:17 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Blacksmith
SkyTechKid
Spec's?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome