/give item continually crashes world

Ethonodon's Avatar Ethonodon8/14/22 5:39 pm
8/16/2022 2:58 pm
lerokko's Avatar lerokko
I was trying to use /give to give myself green crafting clay (color variant for Decocraft's crafting clay), and when I inputted the command, I got a missing texture item in my hotbar, my game froze, and then crashed. The world immediately crashes when I open it again. How do I get back into my world? Playing in 1.12.2 mc.
Ethonodon
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/15/2022 5:38 am
Level 27 : Expert Professor
lerokko
Maybe use something like NBTExplorer to find the offending item in your inventory and delete the entry. But I am not sure how easy that is with a modded level.dat (Singleplayer)
08/15/2022 1:18 pm
Ethonodon
After doing this, the items delete from my inventory, but after I load up my world, it crashes again. I check the editor afterwards, and the items have found their way back into my inventory, despite them having been removed before loading the world again. How do I get them to stop coming back?
08/15/2022 1:45 pm
lerokko
Dumb question but did you press save, cause I always forget to do that in NBTExplorer. Also since you are using mods the game may be storing you inventory data somewhere else and just syncing it with level dat. Or you may be picking up the item on the ground again when joining. You could try to put yourself in spectator (Also in level.dat) so you do not pick up items on join. Or maybe move yourself to different chunks (Coordinates of you position are also stored in level.dat)
08/16/2022 12:18 pm
Ethonodon
I found the problem was that I was editing MY playerdata, when I actually needed to edit the WORLD'S playerdata, since the hosts' inventory is apparently actually documented in a separate spot. Everythings' working fine now, though.
08/16/2022 2:58 pm
lerokko
Nice! Yeah, I was assuming single player. You are absolutely correct!
08/14/2022 8:17 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Nerd
UncleBase
Hi Ethonodon,

Was this using standard commands or via a Command block?
08/14/2022 10:04 pm
Ethonodon
standard
08/15/2022 5:30 am
Level 34 : Artisan Nerd
UncleBase
That's an odd one. I know you can extract the map via tools like MCC Tool Chest, but it will not be perfect. Hopefully, somebody knows a way of fixing the files.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome