Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Help keyboard_arrow_right Java Edition

Create Forum Thread

Glitched Spawnpoints!!

1 emeralds4 replies62 views
created 08/23/2019 9:14 am by panR4IN
last reply 08/24/2019 4:22 pm
Hello, if there are any fellow map makers or people who know their way around commands very well, check this out:

In my maps I always used to "checkpoint" the players with the basic "/spawnpoint @a" in a command block when I wanted their location saved. This always worked back in 1.8.9, but since I started making maps for 1.12 and 1.13 this issue started occuring:

Often (like 1/3 chance) when the player dies, it respawns him close to the original spawn with the "Your home bed is missing or obstructed" chat message. This is weird since I'm only using /spawnpoint in my maps and you aren't even sleeping in any beds at all. And even if I tried sleeping in a bed and then setting a custom spawnpoint with the command blocks, the same glitch can still occur.

This is extremely annoying as it can easily break the map if the player isn't careful enough and dies. It's not a rare glitch either, in my newest project which isn't released yet, this glitch happens nearly everytime I die. It's crazy. Anyone knows what to do about this?
Posted by avatar
panR4IN
Level 56 : Grandmaster Artist

comment Login or register to post a reply.

4 replies

08/24/2019 4:22 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Artist
panR4IN
After some discussion on reddit I've actually resolved the issue. It's pretty dumb but simple. "/spawnpoint @a" is bugged since it actually saves the player to the location of the command block, not where they are standing. So you must do "/spawnpoint @a x y z" where x yz are the coordinates for the actual save location. Then it works just fine. Thanks for the responses everybody.
08/24/2019 2:14 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Modder
HoboMaggot
Sometimes beds in crowded spaces can end up corrupting the spawnpoint, since you have to space to sleep/get out.
if your spawnpoint is crowded this glitch may occur.
08/23/2019 11:14 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect
LilyBlossom6
maybe you can try using the command /setworldspawn @p or /spawnpoint @p
08/23/2019 11:10 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Alphamiyu
my spawn point keeps changing

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019