Help!! I am getting a blackscreen when i install mod

antvenom is best's Avatar antvenom is best4/13/13 10:37 pm
1 emeralds 272 3
4/14/2013 8:41 am
Jezz's Avatar Jezz
Guys please help me.When i install mod that use minecraft forge it always get the black
screen i deleted the Meta-Inf already but it's not working
antvenom is best
Level 11 : Journeyman Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/14/2013 8:41 am
Level 27 : Expert Ninja
Jezz
So lets go through the steps of putting a mod in first then go to the other parts;
First go to your start (left corner) then go to the search bar and type in %appdata% . Then a roaming file should pop up, click that then go into .minecraft. (make sure you have zip for this; winrar). Open bin then right click minecraft.jar then open with Winrar. Go to the mods file and copy all the files INSIDE the mod folder. Go into your minecraft.jar and delete the META-INF folder (don't be on mc). Then paste all the file content of your mod into minecraft.jar On some mods, they come with a extra meta-inf folder. When you see that, open it then delete the manifest file. (usually for forge it would help so it doesn't crash).

Now that you've done that, lets go to the more complicated bit(notreally). Since you have forge already, putting the other mod would be quite easy. So get off minecraft then open up minecraft.jar again, delete the whole META-INF folder, copy all the file content of the mod into the minecraft.jar then if it has another META-INF folder with the mod file content, open up the folder and delete manifest.

This is how I usually install my mods, i'm sorry if this doesn't work. Try to get the latest version of the mod maybe or a different website.
04/13/2013 10:38 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Make sure you are using the correct mod version with a compatible version of Forge. Also, DO NOT DELETE the META-INF included in Forge.
04/14/2013 7:56 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Modder
ehdfawq3er
Actually, when I'm installing mods with forge it crashes for me, so I delete the META-INF folder and get it to work that way. So deleting the META-INF folder does not necessarily mean a crash.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome