Help importing an existing plotme map into multiverse plz

RynzAMasta007's Avatar RynzAMasta0072/23/14 12:22 am
1 emeralds 498 1
2/23/2014 2:58 pm
Jcfire2's Avatar Jcfire2
ok im not sure how to ask this question so here is a bunch of info i hope is mostly relevant>
to be short... I want to add my existing plotme map to my existing survival server but i have a few questions on how i should do this.

using mutiverse-core and its counter parts. i understand that i can import the plotme map into multiverse and create a portal to it but the real question here is, will the plotme plugin/generator recognize the map i imported so the plotme plugin uses that map instead of generating a new one?
If i copy over the folder/config files that generated when i originally generated the plotme map, the plugin will use my map right?
I just dont want to add my plotme map to multiverse and then have it act like a regular over-world that doesnt use the plotme plugin. hope im making some sense here on what im asking and trying to do...

-----------------------heres a story if you wanna read into it----------------------------------------
back when minecraft was still v1.6.2 i had a survival server I was really proud of and I had it online tell minecraft v1.7 came out and then i took it down because i was having so many problems with out of date plugins and crucial plugin components becoming more and more incompatible with each other as some updated and others didn't. It was so sad to kill my server. people liked my server and im still kicking myself for not being more experienced.

infact I was angry and told myself ill build it bigger and better next time. so i went ahead and did just that. I ended up teaching myself how to use world generators and multiverse and experienced myself more with permissions and economy plugins. learned how to build mini game maps and use those plugins. tons of crap.

anyways... so i made this 2nd multiverse server as an experiment to learn all these things. it used 3 world generators and had a "hub" for world select. one of those worlds was my plotme world. I managed my 1 world survival server all by my self and did a dam good job keeping the folks happy but this new multiverse freek of nature was to big to manage by myself and I decided i dont want all this if im going to put a server back online.

maybe some day ill put the big giant multiverse server i created online. my intentions for building it were something like "I want to make everyone happy and i dont want people to get bored. I want it to be easy enough to learn so it doesnt have to be staffed 24/7 because people cant figure out commands or what to do but also having it secure enough so the absence of staff wouldn't be an issue."
I spent an incredible amount of time putting it together and it was going to be my 'big thing' but in the end.... im gutting it for now. I built an awesome creative plotme map and i want it as a part of my epic survival/mini game server. just 2 worlds. two great ones. i can manage that for a start. I feel bad for all my members and staff i lost shutting down.
RynzAMasta007
Level 49 : Master Architect