Help with Port Forwarding? :D

Bodrew's Avatar Bodrew1/30/13 6:53 pm
1 emeralds 114 2
1/31/2013 1:38 pm
Bodrew's Avatar Bodrew
I have been wanting to make a server for my buds and I for a while. I have Port Forwarded everything correctly according to www.portforward.com, but I use their PFPortChecker, and it seems that my Port is not open. I have also disabled my firewall, but the problem persists. [Note: I am using a Westell A90-750022 Model]

If anyone would like to give me some help, it would be very much appreciated. PM me or reply to this post, or add me on Skype: bodrew12
Thanks in advance!

-Bod
Bodrew
Level 21 : Expert Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/31/2013 1:38 pm
Level 21 : Expert Mage
Bodrew
Yea, thanks for the info, but I quit and decided to buy a server. Thanks for the knowledge though!
01/30/2013 9:55 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
Code_7
Some ISPs use a form NAT across their networks, so they can rent a few IPs and give them out to a dozen customers.
if this is the case for you, then portforwarding will not help you.
you need to look into a hamachi or VPN solution which will make the server lag alot more since VPNs was never intended for gaming servers

before you go down that road you can try putting your computer on your router's DMZ and asking a friend to join, if it doesn't work then ^ that first paragraph is for you

DMZ forwards ALL the ports for you to the specified computer, i suggest turning off the DMZ once your done testing because the DMZ bypasses your routers firewall opening your computer up to attack
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome