Help with ports.

Panthacats's Avatar Panthacats1/6/13 12:41 pm
1 emeralds 109 9
1/8/2013 5:24 pm
Panthacats's Avatar Panthacats
Hi~! I need help setting up a minecraft server! I think I've failed to close the port :25565 in my home. I have another computer upstairs (PC) That I hosted a bukkit server on. I've transfered the files through USB and nothing happend. I use my new PC the one im using right now to type this to play minecraft now. I run on Wifi. The wifi from the upstairs computer. Please help!~ I really would like to run a server! I've port fowarded aswell! On different ports too! Including :25565 but they're all removed so I can start fresh if needed!

-Panthacats
Panthacats
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/08/2013 5:24 pm
Panthacats
I MAY know what the problem is. my Pc doesnt have a Router/Modem connected to it. Its on the Wifi from the router upstairs. I can run the server on the upstairs computer but not down here.
01/08/2013 7:13 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
BAMcraft
Until you have more then one ethernet adapter its completly senseless to set the ip in the properties. If you just leave this property empty it'll take the default adapter...

Disable the firewall on the server's computer for testing purposes & be sure that you connect to the right ip (check /ipconfig on the server's hostsystem)
01/08/2013 3:26 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Toast
oggehej
Well, I know someone else with the same problem, for some reason I didn't fix it. But that's the thing you need to accept because you're running beta-builds.

But we'll see if someone else have something to say.

(Btw, a server from minecraft.net should work)

Can you connect via localhost?
01/07/2013 4:47 pm
Panthacats
Redirected? And I'm getting

INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.4.6
[INFO] Loading properties
[INFO] Default game type: SURVIVAL
[INFO] Generating keypair
[INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
[INFO] Preparing level "world"
[INFO] Preparing start region for level 0
[INFO] Preparing spawn area: 85%
[INFO] Done (1.354s)! For help, type "help" or "?"

but it keeps saying Connection Refused: Connect.

I'm willing to skype or Teamview with someone to fix the problem! I really need help! I also have hamachi. But i'd like just a normal Vanilla server
01/07/2013 7:35 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Toast
oggehej
Have you redirected the port to the new computer? What errors are you receiving?
01/06/2013 9:45 pm
Panthacats
Yes!
01/06/2013 6:40 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
BarryWilson55
have you accessed the servers.txt and server.properties.txt files because i believe one of them contains the ip of the server
01/06/2013 6:38 pm
Panthacats
I have, Ive left it blank. Ive tried my ip multiple times
01/06/2013 6:12 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
BarryWilson55
make sure to change the ip in the servers .txt documents also check what the computers ip is
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome