Home Hosting Help

RedGoop89's Avatar RedGoop896/6/13 8:03 am
6/8/2013 4:34 pm
OldGrayMare's Avatar OldGrayMare
Hi, I am really fed up with trying to find a good host for my minecraft server and I really only want to pay a one time fee. I am looking into hosting it from thishttp://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD389LL/A? at home and I am wondering if I should go ahead with it. I have no idea if It will be good for a 500 player minecraft server. I need your help to decide what I should do. Thanks

(P.S. If you want something done right, it's better done by yourself.)
RedGoop89
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/08/2013 4:34 pm
Level 23 : Expert Caveman
OldGrayMare
I dont think that will be good enough to host a 500 people minecraft server, if its got anything less that 16gb of ram that is. Now if you want to just use that computer JUST FOR HOSTING A MINECRAFT SERVER AND THATS ALL then i would think it would be fine but still not for 500 people, more for like 100 at the most.

06/06/2013 3:24 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pokemon
DtigerCSK
If you want to host at home, get a different server/computer. You can get a lot better specs with the same amount. Also, you're going to need at least 100 mb/s internet, and minecraft servers may use up a good amount of your bandwidth.

If you want a professionally hosted server, rent one. You won't be finding any server hosts with one time fees.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome