Horses, texture pack help?

ImaLittleCreeper's Avatar ImaLittleCreeper11/1/15 11:01 am
11/7/2015 4:26 pm
Irish's Avatar Irish
I'm trying to make a texture pack for me and some friends but I can't figure out a base image for designing it. Can someone give me some help with how to texture horses and how that works? (I have the art part down, I just need to know where in the files it would be, and if there is a minecraft plain texture pack I can edit my textures to)
ImaLittleCreeper
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/07/2015 4:26 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
Heres how to get the main files on Windows, I don't know how on Mac, so if you use that OS I can't really help you.

1. Go to the "search" function on your OS.
2. Type in %appdata% and click enter.
3. Open the .minecraft folder the open the "versions" folder.
4. Open the version you want the texture files off, EG; 1.8.
5. Right click the .jar file and open it with a program such as Winrar or 7-Zip.
6. Drag the assets folder to your desktop or wherever you want it to be, This folder is where the textures are located.
7. Open it, open the "minecraft" folder, then the "textures" folder and lastly the "entity" folder. The horse textures will be found in the horse folder.

If you need any more help with resourcepacks, feel free to PM me.
11/01/2015 1:35 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Dragon
Skitto493
The file path is textures -> entity -> horse -> FILES HERE

(FILES HERE is not a folder, just a piece of text that I'll use as reference as stuff to put inside the folder "horse")

There are quite a few files that go at FILES HERE. They include donkey, horse_black, horse_brown, horse_chestnut, horse_creamy, horse_darkbrown, horse_gray, horse_markings_blackdots, horse_markings_white, horse_markings_whitedots, horse_markings_whitefield, horse_skeleton, horse_white, horse_zombie, and mule

There is also another folder at FILES HERE. It's name is armor. Inside it, are horse_armor_diamond, horse_armor_golden, and horse_armor_iron

I would recommend taking the default textures, or using a template resource pack.
11/07/2015 4:00 pm
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
Where can I find a template resource pack?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome