1

How can I make a public server without a static IP?

brenchu321 •8/22/12 8:29 pm
•
257
•
8/22/2012 8:43 pm
I would like to know how to set up a public server without a static IP. I could really use the help. Thank you in advance!
Posted by
brenchu321
Level 1 : New Miner
0

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

12

brenchu321
• 08/22/2012 8:42 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
Wait, and then I just go along with one of the youtube tutorials on setting up a server?
1
Bodrew
• 08/22/2012 8:43 pm
• Level 22 : Expert Mage
You could do that, or go to this link for a Bukkit server: http://wiki.bukkit.org/Setting_up_a_server
1
brenchu321
• 08/22/2012 8:41 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
I'll try it out, thanks!
1
Bodrew
• 08/22/2012 8:42 pm
• Level 22 : Expert Mage
Anytime! And I'd love to come play on your server when you get it all set up! PM me if you have any more questions!
-bodrew12
1
ThatsMyPickaxe
• 08/22/2012 8:39 pm
• Level 49 : Master Technomancer
I wonder if there is a way though, i tried to convert and somehow screwed up my internet.
1
Bodrew
• 08/22/2012 8:40 pm
• Level 22 : Expert Mage
If you convert and move to another IP or router you will not be able to connect to the internet. Simply make it dynamic, then back to static. I know that probably doesn't answer your question, but I found that out :3
1
Bodrew
• 08/22/2012 8:38 pm
• Level 22 : Expert Mage
1
Bodrew
• 08/22/2012 8:37 pm
• Level 22 : Expert Mage
There should be a PF Setup Static IP Address tool somewhere. I'll try to find the link.
1
brenchu321
• 08/22/2012 8:36 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
Yes, I have
1
Bodrew
• 08/22/2012 8:32 pm
• Level 22 : Expert Mage
No it doesn't actually! ^_^ Have you gone to portforward.com?
1
brenchu321
• 08/22/2012 8:31 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
I heard it costs money.
1
Bodrew
• 08/22/2012 8:30 pm
• Level 22 : Expert Mage
I'm not sure, but why can't you convert to a static IP?
1

Welcome