How can I use a PS3 controller with PC Minecraft?

GigabyteGiant's Avatar GigabyteGiant12/10/13 7:49 pm
1 emeralds 1.6k 3
12/11/2013 6:54 pm
GigabyteGiant's Avatar GigabyteGiant
Dumb question probably, however recently a blog post/mod was posted about using your PS3 controller with MC on PC.

I cannot find that anymore, what do I need to do this?

Thanks!

*Edit

System Specs:

Windows 7 - Home Premium (32bit)
2GB Usable RAM
500GB HDD Space
GigabyteGiant
Level 42 : Master Droid

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/10/2013 9:57 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
noobownerx6
Try the joypad mod, it's a little outdated, but you can use a PS3 controller, and play splitscreen.

12/10/2013 9:49 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
irishdragon47
Unless I'm wrong (which I could easily be since I don't own a PS3 or a laptop that functions with Bluetooth) the PS3 controller uses a Bluetooth signal. There's tutorials for connecting a Bluetooth controller as a device to your computer, and seeing as you have 32 bit Windows, I would think your computer's a bit older?

Aside from that, there's a program called Xpadder where you can configure each button on a controller to certain keys on the keyboard. There's a paid version on their website and the free, beta version floating around random places.

If you can get all that to work, you can ask me for my button configuration to base your own on, since I tried to get mine as close to the Xbox MC controls as possible.

I hope this helps
12/11/2013 6:54 pm
Level 42 : Master Droid
GigabyteGiant
My computer is around 6/7/7 1/2 years old, but I will try what you suggested. Thanks!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome