How to find out server seed

Whiteninja7's Avatar Whiteninja74/28/15 3:34 am
3 emeralds 75.1k 6
4/28/2015 5:50 pm
nammerbom's Avatar nammerbom
Not sure if this is the place to ask this,

But I'd really like to know if there's any way to find out what seed a server is using. i saw some people ask online in places and get accused of trying to cheat or something. It's just that I really like a server map that I've been playing on for a long time, and tried asking the owner for the seed, but he won't tell me. I'm not looking to cause any harm with it, I just want to be able to play the same map in single player. Is there any form of mod or something that can tell you server info?
Whiteninja7
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/28/2015 5:01 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
polarluke2
Ask for the seed and then let them ip ban you
04/28/2015 12:30 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Jas
Moved to Minecraft Help from Discussion.
04/28/2015 7:55 am
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
There is a mod that lets you download parts of a map. It is called World Downloader.
04/28/2015 5:50 pm
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
World downloader works but you should be careful when you use it. A lot of servers (including mine!) have license protected maps, and they can use it against you if they find out you are using world downloader.

If you plan on using a world downloader, you should really look into if the map is protected or not. I am assuming op is playing on a survival server, in which case the map probably is not licensed, but you may still get banned if they think you are using it to exploit the map.

My suggestion op, don't use world downloader. There is no way to find the seed on the server unless you have the necessary permissions to do so, and world downloader wont help you out with that. My suggestion would be to wait until the server is ready to change maps, and ask if you can have the seed then. But DO NOT continuously ask admins, staff, or the owner for the seed. Reputation does matter.
04/28/2015 6:22 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
be in the world that you want the seed for and do /seed the seed should be random numbers on public servers you would need the permission so it wouldnt work unless you have a rank with that permission
04/28/2015 4:37 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Whiteninja7
I tried that, but I don't have access to the command. I tried asking one of the admins and the owner, but they didn't want to give it. They thought I'd use it to cheat to find ores or something, which sounds really stupid cause I'm not gonna go memorize locations just to come back and get a few blocks.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome