1

How to get more players?

Superboop •4/24/12 5:20 am
•
311
•
8/15/2012 1:11 am
I update the thread on the minecraft forums everyday,
I advertise the server on 5 different sites (even here),
I even try to spread the server through word of mouth,

yet the server population is 0 all the time.
It's beginning to get a little frustrating.

The problem is, people won't join if there's nobody.
And there's nobody if people won't join.

Is there a way to get more players?
No matter what I do, it seems as if nobody's going to join.

Also,

We have put the server on Planet Minecraft.
However a previous player volunteered to advertise it and post the same server on Planet Minecraft.
We cannot get rid of the post he made, and with that,
we cannot update the log and get more players.
We have emailed PMC but no reply.

Any help?
Posted by
Superboop
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
1

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

7

KOTE_Hosting
• 08/15/2012 1:11 am
• Level 1 : New Architect
Advertising is a BIG problem for most servers. Hosting servers, I do PMC for my clients, but some servers just don't stick. You need to be involved in your server, welcoming everyone, and making them feel welcome. After that, it gets easier. I'm no expert, but I almost always have 3+ people on my server, and some active players. Running a server can be hard, and it's not for everyone.
1
Creeper51601
• 08/14/2012 10:51 pm
• Level 1 : New Miner
184.154.143.134
1
Formelet
• 04/27/2012 6:55 am
• Level 37 : Artisan Blockhead
Id like to take a look.. But whats the IP or name for the server?

-Formelet
1
ThePluginHelperDk
• 04/27/2012 6:48 am
• Level 1 : New Miner
Type Your Plugins Etc.
1
Superboop
• 04/27/2012 6:44 am
• Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
Well I guess.

The 2nd problem still remains though. It's a big problem and there still is no reply.
1
iSkidwolfe
• 04/24/2012 5:53 am
• Level 20 : Expert Dragon
Whats IP?
1
Nicrlaitheking
• 04/24/2012 5:39 am
• Level 50 : Grandmaster Wizard
make some server events or building days and maybe some competetions
1

Welcome