How do I host a bukkit LAN server?

TheMiner169's Avatar TheMiner1697/17/14 4:47 am
1 emeralds 740 3
7/17/2014 10:34 am
ReeceMC's Avatar ReeceMC
I need help with hosting a bukkit LAN server. My internet is connected via wired and my friends connection is wireless. We both have different things in the CMD (Command Prompt) and we don't know what to do!
TheMiner169
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/17/2014 10:34 am
Level 1 : New Network
ReeceMC
GigasIsCool
TheMiner169I need help with hosting a bukkit LAN server. My internet is connected via wired and my friends connection is wireless. We both have different things in the CMD (Command Prompt) and we don't know what to do!

First, look up a video on how to create a bukkit server. Then, look up a video on how to portforward. Next, tell your friend the ip and let him join it. Ik this is not that helpful but try it.

This isn't a LAN setup^

LAN is when it is shortened for Local Area Network. For example, you would connect your friend to your WiFi if you have a wireless router(can have ether net cables plugged into them or provided when you purchase the router.) If I am correct you are connected by a wire and your internet comes from that. If your friend is in your router distance and they connect, you can then go onto your Singleplayer World and click the option 'Open to LAN' this wouldn't make it Bukkit as it is your normal vanilla Minecraft(unless you have a modded version your friend would need those mods to play)

If you are thinking about hosting a Bukkit Server and your computer wont work due to the static IP malfunction then I would highly recommend a host.

If you don't fully understand this please contact me
07/17/2014 5:51 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
TheMiner169
I've already messed up my whole computer in portforwarding. I had it working for 3 months and when I tried to use a static IP it stopped working. I've tried everything to fix but it wont work.
07/17/2014 5:21 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
GigasIsCool
TheMiner169I need help with hosting a bukkit LAN server. My internet is connected via wired and my friends connection is wireless. We both have different things in the CMD (Command Prompt) and we don't know what to do!

First, look up a video on how to create a bukkit server. Then, look up a video on how to portforward. Next, tell your friend the ip and let him join it. Ik this is not that helpful but try it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome