How to make infinite ocean?

Denisowator's Avatar Denisowator4/15/16 4:15 pm
1 emeralds 4.2k 6
4/17/2016 2:40 pm
Denisowator's Avatar Denisowator
So I'm planning on making an adventure map, that's basically going to be set up in stages, on different islands. And I want all these islands to be custom made.

This means they need to be imported into the world, and so I need a lot of flat space for it.

Basically I want the entire world to be dirt from y0 to y45, and water from y46 to y62. And I tried everything I could think of, but I just can't figure out how to do it.
Denisowator
Level 20 : Expert Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/17/2016 2:40 pm
Denisowator
Thanks guys!
04/17/2016 2:21 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
ArtifactHunter
Go to the `Customised World' setting and set the biome to ocean. =D
04/16/2016 4:12 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
SheedoPlayz
Hey Denisowator,

I will be more than happy to assist you with this. Here's what you need to do:

1. In single player Minecraft, click on Create New World.
2. Select More World Options.
3. Make sure Generate Structures is off.
4. Select Superflat on World Type.
5. Click on Customize.
6. Click on Presets.
7. Erase what is in the box and replace it with "3;minecraft:bedrock,44*minecraft:dirt,17*minecraft:water;"
8. Click on Use Preset.
9. Click on Done.
10. Click on Create New World.

You can then find the world on your saves folder in case you need to share it or move it elsewhere. Let me know if you need help with that as well.

Enjoy!
04/15/2016 4:36 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Dragon
Eternal_Edge
This may not be what you're looking for, but you can make a custom world with the specification you want using worldpainter. This is an example of the basics of it.
[yt]ZFsl3dhdbFs[/yt]
04/15/2016 4:40 pm
Denisowator
WorldPainter was actually my first choice, but I want an infinite world (30m block each way from the centre), and my computer isn't powerful enough to make a world that size in WP.
04/15/2016 4:35 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
okoloto
When your creating a world, when you're selecting the world type you should have an option for a custom world. You should be able to change everything there from the ammount of ores that spawn to changing all the water to lava. You should also be abke to customize the world height and make the map an endless ocean. Don't take my word for it though since i haven't played minecraft for a while.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome