1

How many players could this Dedicated server hold?

Vortex Team •7/15/14 12:32 am
•
116
•
7/16/2014 8:17 pm
Hello I know that plugins and worlds effect the amount of players a server can hold but generally how much could this server withstand?(playerwise)
Xeon E3-1240 v3 4 Cores x 3.4 GHz 8 GB DDR3 120 GB SSD 20 TB How many players
Posted by
Vortex Team
Level 17 : Journeyman Architect
74

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

1

danial32
• 07/16/2014 8:17 pm
• Level 4 : Apprentice System
Depending on how many plugins you have and what OS you run, it SHOULD handle about 75-80 players. That particular CPU is one of the best for a minecraft server. Now that is assuming that you either have a dedicated 100mbit connection or a gigabit connection. Your real bottleneck is your RAM. For a minecraft server, I would atleast go with 16GB but I dont know how many players you are looking to get on your server.
1

Welcome