LAN error

Athas's Avatar Athas7/23/15 1:46 pm
1 emeralds 37.3k 11
7/24/2015 3:04 pm
Athas's Avatar Athas
Guys (and Girls of coarse ) please help me out!

I am trying to play minecraft with my sis via LAN. But everytime I try to connect to her world i get the error "Failed to login: invalid session (try restarting your game).

We are on the same WIFI network, I have given Java permission in both my Network AND my Firewall + my anitvirus. After googling a day long I found out that this error occurs when you have multiple minecraft tabs opened at once. This is also the reason of this problem. It happened when I did this a few days ago.

Now, everytime I open up minecraft it creates 2 processes (as seen in Task Manager in win7). I think this is the reason that this error occurs, but when I close one of the two my minecraft crashes.

Someone please help

Your fellow Crafter,
Athas
Athas
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/23/2015 2:05 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1279828
[deleted]
07/23/2015 2:16 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Blockhead
supajake118
Click the "edit profile" button. http://imgur.com/AcWqyb0,ckirIPF
What option is the launcher visibility? http://imgur.com/AcWqyb0,ckirIPF#1
That might be the problem. Try to go on a LAN anyways.
07/23/2015 2:37 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
serdarminecraft
you and your sister must have different accounts.
07/23/2015 3:26 pm
Level 28 : Expert Engineer
48productions
Athas
I am trying to play minecraft with my sis via LAN. But everytime I try to connect to her world i get the error "Failed to login: invalid session (try restarting your game).

Now, everytime I open up minecraft it creates 2 processes (as seen in Task Manager in win7).

Usually whenever I get an invalid session error it's because I clicked "Play Offline" in the launcher instead of "Play" (Play Offline changes to Play when you log into your account). Whenever you click Play Offline, it won't let you play on servers (Same probably happens with a LAN world, but I'm not too sure though).

If you get an Invalid Session error, close both Minecraft and the launcher, then click "Play" and not "Play Offline" next time you launch Minecraft.

Two processes is normal, I usually find that there's one process for the launcher and one for the game itself.
07/23/2015 3:58 pm
Athas
I'm sorry for this, but I have cracked version at the moment. My old account got hacked and spaced out. forgive me

My sister and I have separate usernames, which are not being used by a premium mc member.

I have already reinstalled mc twice, to bad that didn't help.

I really hope someone finds a solution.

please don't hate me for playing cracked at the moment. I'm saving as much as I can to rebuy an account
07/23/2015 10:29 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Barkitect
yea so that's why it isn't working. you need a actual MC account to go on servers.
07/23/2015 9:33 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
Code_7
reinstalling MC won't really do anything..cuz...mc doesn't really install :s

anywho, since you're both on cracked copies and Lan wont work, I'd assume you must run a server copy.
doing so is no big deal, just download a copy from https://minecraft.net/download and just tweak "online-mode" to false in server.properties.
07/23/2015 10:27 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Barkitect
... and you are on the same network? because the L in LAN stands for network. LAN stands for local area network
07/23/2015 11:06 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Architect
trannybane
First make sure you are logged in under completely different Mojang accounts! This means you paid for Minecraft twice, once for you and another time for your sister.

If it still isn't working make sure there aren't any blocks on the WiFi you are using. Sometimes schools and other places will block gaming LAN connections.

Hopefully I was of help

-Jeep
07/23/2015 11:54 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
LAN doesn't use the auth servers I don't think.

(Singleplayer -> Open to LAN)
07/24/2015 3:04 pm
Athas
Thanx everyone for all the tips, but unfortunately none of them works. The point is that it worked last tuesday. On wednesday I opened minecraft twice to remake a former creation in another world. This is the point where all the trouble started.

Still, I am talking about LAN (me and my sis ARE on the same network) connecting to servers is no problem
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome