Looking for high quality staff

Karenthian's Avatar Karenthian5/22/12 1:42 pm
5/22/2012 3:32 pm
CookiieMonstar's Avatar CookiieMonstar
Hello there,
I'm looking for 1 or 2 high quality moderators. Please fill out the application below, and remember that I'm not looking for a good application; I'm looking for an exceptional application.

Name:
Age must be over 14, people over 14 must still be mature.
Previous experience (verifiable):
Temperament:
Why should I chose you?:
Anything else?

If you don't include that you've read the whole post somewhere in your application I won't even bother to consider it.
~Karenthian~

EDITED to add:
Thanks to the Goldie_Fishe I realised I gave no information. It's a fairly close nit server of some 40 members, creative and free build mostly. There are a fair few plugins such as WorldEdit and a few other utility plugins (Wormhole xtreme) but no permissions. There is a whitelist which is carefully updated (pruned) when necessary.
Karenthian
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/22/2012 3:32 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Dragon
CookiieMonstar
Name: CookiieMonstar
Previous experience (verifiable): I'm Admin on 4 Servers At The Moment at They're all Working Pretty Well
Temperament: I'm usually Really Nice, and I will co-operate with anyone. Unless They are Griefing or Breaking One of The Rules, Then I will get Serious and They're behaviour will be taken care of.
Why should I chose you?: Because I Think I Would Make a Great Moderator, i'm very mature for my age, and I Will be friendly to everyone and not abuse of my Power
Anything else? I'm also Quite a Good Builder, and I'm quite Good With Redstone!

Thank You So Much For Reding! xxx ;D ~~CookiieMonstar
05/22/2012 3:12 pm
Level 21 : Expert Miner
excervator
Kind of pointless when you hardly know anyone who's posted here.
05/22/2012 3:12 pm
Level 21 : Expert Miner
excervator
Is this server up yet? I would be interested in joining if it is. I'd rather you get to know me 1st then I'll post an app.
05/22/2012 3:01 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
NastyJack
Thanks littleman. Just sitting home playing Minecraft and listening to Rancid and Sex Pistols
05/22/2012 3:04 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Littleman767
Nice, haha!
05/22/2012 2:56 pm
Littleman767
Happy Birthday, Jack!!! I hope you have a great day!
05/22/2012 2:42 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
NastyJack
Name: Jack
IGN: weirdalec
Previous experience (verifiable): Wont lie. Dont have any experience as a server mod. But do as a Faction mod.
Temperament: Mostly nice. Dont like rude people tho. Will not tolerate to much cursing. And dont like ppl who try to over step there place.
Why should I chose you?: Im a nice dude. Will do what you ask. And I know all the codes.
Anything else? Ya. I think you prob want someone over 14. That would be me.

Thanks for your time.
05/22/2012 2:34 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Goldie_Fishe
No bias as to who applied first?
Damn
05/22/2012 2:32 pm
Karenthian
No problem
~Karenthian~
05/22/2012 2:29 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
slanguser123
Oh ok. Thanks for the info
05/22/2012 2:29 pm
Karenthian
Not yet, no. I'll say this will stay open until tomorrow, then I'll pick. I'm not going to be bias as to "who applied first" either, it'll be solely down to application.
~Karenthian~
05/22/2012 2:27 pm
slanguser123
So did you already decide 2 people for staff? Cause it looks like it from my perspective.
05/22/2012 2:26 pm
Karenthian
Yes there are, and how many of them would be happy to put up with daily discussions on the merits of social psychology over sociology? Better yet; how many could happily contribute to that?
I'm not just looking for moderators, I'm looking for people who could fit in. I just don't think anyone under 14 will be able to "keep up".

The "build" was a community build that is still ongoing, and it is a big.. .hovering... THING
~Karenthian~
05/22/2012 2:24 pm
Goldie_Fishe
Thanks for the map, some of the stuff looks pretty cool, like the "Build" area, from the top it looks like a sort of artistic hovercraft ( the little circles at the edges with propeller-like bits in the middle )
05/22/2012 2:21 pm
Karenthian
The age limit is there because a lot of the players are actually around 17-21 rather than younger, and we've found that small children tend to be, at best, put off by the level of discussion (which we promote).
A lot of the players are going to/have been to/ are in university, so there's quite a bit of academic talk that tends to alienate anyone else.
~Karenthian~
05/22/2012 2:24 pm
Level 40 : Master Robot
BetaEdit
There are site/forum mods wich are 12 and 13 years old...
05/22/2012 2:19 pm
Level 40 : Master Robot
BetaEdit
Name: Dani, BetaEdit(ingame)
The age limit is rather pointless anyway, it mostly depends on the person, not the age...
Previous experience (verifiable):
Temperament: I always try not to get angry, still with spammers and griefers.
Why should I chose you?: I like to help out, and for the reasons above.
05/22/2012 2:17 pm
Karenthian
Here's the map, don't be alarmed if it doesn't work (there's a chance the server just died for a bit). http://81.167.166.2:8124/
~Karenthian~
05/22/2012 2:16 pm
Goldie_Fishe
sounds good
05/22/2012 2:10 pm
Karenthian
Ah, good question. I'm not going to hand out the IP just yet, for a fairly complex reason (I'm not the sole owner and we're currently changing things... okay not THAT complex) but if you want I can link you to the DynMap? At the moment the server is in "low power mode", you could say, and only a few people are allowed on.
I'll add the map to the OP in just a moment!
~Karenthian~
05/22/2012 2:09 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
MWF
my user name is mwfradenburg
age 14
why you should pick me couse i am good at building i am a admin on 2 sever. I also i very fair thanks for your time.
05/22/2012 2:08 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
MWF
i can help
05/22/2012 2:07 pm
Goldie_Fishe
Could I have the ip so I can see the server even if I don't get Mod? It sounds pretty good
( and yw about the info thing , and thx Littleman767 XD)
05/22/2012 2:05 pm
slanguser123
Name: Matthew and my IGN is slanguser123

Previous experience (verifiable): Admin in shadowcraft, admin in legacycraft, admin and op in sempercraft, headadmin and op in vengencecraft, co-owner in a hungergames server, mod in another hungergames server, and I don't remember the rest

Temperament: I am calm when no one pisses me off and if nothing goes wrong.

Why should I chose you?: I have had lots of experience. I have been playing ever since alpha. I am also a great builder and great with staff. I know all of the basic and most of the advance plug-ins. I will make sure the server and creations along with it don't get griefed. I will make super fun events, like a maze. I will help you with any builds you need and I will make sure everyone follows the rules. I will also read all rules that apply and promise to follow them. I play daily 5-10 hours and my timezone is pacific standard. I am great with worldedit and all those other commands. I will even help give new ideas. I am also very mature and honest. I also read the whole in entire post.

Anything else?: I have skype. In real-life I dance hip-hop and gaming is like 2nd best in my favor!
05/22/2012 2:04 pm
Littleman767
Goldie, we should both be hired. Please don't "put yourself down."
05/22/2012 2:02 pm
Littleman767
Thanks for the opportunity!
05/22/2012 2:01 pm
Karenthian
Thank you both for your applications; I've updated the OP a bit (thanks for pointing that out!) but I'll just leave this running for a while before I make a decision if that's okay.
Thanks!
~Karenthian~
05/22/2012 1:56 pm
Littleman767
Name: Nathaniel and my IGN is littleman767
Previous experience (verifiable): I have had my own server in the past. I shut it down due to my staff being money hungry. I am very experienced with any plugin and my permissions experience is very developed.
Temperament: I am very calm when it comes to serious situations. I give warnings if players break the rules. 1st: warning: 2nd: kick/jail: 3rd: Ban. I love being social and helping people out! I am ignorant at times, but isn’t everyone? I am honest, trustful, worthy, etc.
Why should I chose you?: I am very qualified for this position and I am very capable to help you with your server.
Anything else: considering I am the head of staff on 3 servers, head admin on 3 and admin on 2 I am capable of improving the community and player base on your server. When I had my server up and running I had ranks players could donate for and I turned a pretty penny from my server. (We’re talking $5,000+) (Not bragging) I know almost every command in the game for any plugin. I am capable of doing all permissions for the server, but I prefer not to. (I am getting irritated with permissions) The servers that I have helped have grown community standards and have large player bases. If there's a postition for admin on the server I would be willing to take that.
I've read the entire post and hope you will accept me as a part of your staff team.
If there’s anything else I can do for you please let me know.
I can provide my email, skype, phone, etc, if needed, or you can pm me on here. Thank you for taking your time to read my application!

-Nathaniel.
05/22/2012 1:55 pm
Goldie_Fishe

Previous experience (verifiable): Admin on 3 servers, (Head Mod on another, but the server was only up a few days)

Temperament: Pretty laid back unless someone is pissing me off.

Why should I chose you?: I'm mature, friendly, helpful and dedicated. I know a decent amount about a lot of popular plugins (factions, worldedit, towny), but to be honest there's probably a lot of people who know more. But I would put in time to learn things, and a lot of time into the server. I'm good at building small buildings and towns.

Anything else? I read the whole post and the bit where you said to include that you read the whole post

( also it might be helpful to the next person who applies if you say what kind of server the app is for)

*Edit*
(just saw the app after mine. You should probably hire them XD)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome