Looking for plugin:

Dispharmacy's Avatar Dispharmacy3/2/21 8:24 am
1 emeralds 101 7
3/4/2021 6:29 am
Dispharmacy's Avatar Dispharmacy
Hello!

I’ve been looking for a long time now for a plugin that adds a land claim BLOCK into the game.

I don’t know why so many/most plugins are command-oriented, but in my opinion Minecraft should be block placing game, not command typing one.

Therefore my request is a bit simple, but probably a bit hard one as well.

A plugin that adds land claim BLOCK into the game.

What does that block do?

When a player places it somewhere, pre-configured area becomes accessible only to that player who placed it.

Configurable: x, y, z area, for example 9x9x9 (block is in the middle) or unlimited height/depth.

Or sphere radius.

Additional: can add/remove access to the area to some other player, with specific permissions (building, opening chests separated).

Additional: can craft the block.

Additional: can combine block to craft larger blocks, for example if one block is 9x9x9, then 4 blocks crafted together are 35x35x35 (odd number, because block is in the middle). And again, 4 “level2” blocks can be crafted together to get 139x139x139 area.

But most of all - keep it simple!

One block - one area.

Two blocks - two areas.

etc

What do you think? Would it be too hard to create that one?

Thanks!

PS: If there is already some similar plugin out there (might be outdated or not), then please let me know. I could “take a look” at that plugin and maybe develop something.

PPS: I am aware of tens of land claim area plugins that you can use shovel or stick to target area. This does NOT interest me unless it could be used for land claim block plugin/feature to build on.

Once again - Minecraft is BLOCK oriented game, not command line typing one.
Dispharmacy
Level 41 : Master Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/03/2021 1:38 amhistory
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
Check out this video for the Grief protection plugin and BLOCK land claim :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDsjXB-BaE0

Its an old one, I haven't used the plugin myself, but I wonder if the option is still in the current plugin.

[​Edit]
Well, I found an updated video, it is slightly different, so may or may not suit your taste. Look at the video below about 3 minutes in :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLR4GrOiGOY

I think RighteousHound was on the right track for you though .....

[Edit 2]
Here's a different plugin on the sponge site, so I suppose it depends on the type of server you are using as to whether it'll work or not :

https://ore.spongepowered.org/RandomByte/ClaimBlocks
03/04/2021 6:29 am
Dispharmacy
Thanks I will be looking into this as soon I got home!!

Appricate your time and effort brother
03/03/2021 8:14 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Pokemon
RighteousHound
Yeah.. I've looked around and the only thing I could find was that one feature in the Grief Prevention plugin where when a chest is placed it creates a claim with a set radius, which could be easily taken from it and made into a custom plugin. Other than that, I don't see a plugin that fits the description of what Dispharmacy wanted.
03/02/2021 8:37 am
RighteousHound
I read what your post and I've definitely seen something like what you're after in regards to a block being a claim in one of the popular plugins: Grief Prevention
One of it's features is when a user places a chest down, it creates a radius of a certain number (don't ask me what) that prevents building.

With a bit of reverse engineering it can be changed to whatever block you want and you can add like an GUI when it's being interacted with or something to say extend from radius 5 to whatever number you want like 10. I'm sure he has a Github which you could fork off and create your own version of a claiming plugin.
03/02/2021 8:45 am
Dispharmacy
I'm really thankful for your reply! I've seen Grief Prevention but I did not know you could edit or change to whatever block I wanted and add GUIs, I will reconcider to add this one. Thanks alot for your time, I will continue looking and might create my own..but now I have a Fall-back-to plugin.
03/02/2021 8:51 am
RighteousHound
I think I may of confused you a bit, the plugin itself doesn't have this functionality but you could deconstruct the literal plugin and then add whatever you want to it by forking it from Github and then developing it yourself in an IDE then compiling it again. If you're familiar with Java of course.

I'm sorry if I confused you!
03/02/2021 10:24 am
Dispharmacy
Ohhh no worries, I checked it too and it didn't have it, haha. I will continue looking, I am not familar with it myself, but I think I gotcha!

However do you know any land claim plugins by commands then?

I want players to be able to claim a piece of land, ( I use worldguard for my world already), and I want the landclaims of players to override worldguard regions, (of my choice if possible).
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome