MC Server Help

_TheSwagUnicorn_'s Avatar _TheSwagUnicorn_2/20/20 4:58 pm
3/8/2020 7:29 pm
icephantom's Avatar icephantom
I'm not a complete noob when it comes
to servers, I understand how they function. But I recently switched of a
payed service to launch my own server since I got a better computer.
I'm using a paper (didn't work on vanilla either) server for 1.15.2.

My issue is that I can connect to my server, no one else can.

-I have port forwarded
-They are using my public ip
-I put my ipv4 address in my server.properties where is says server-ip:
-I have allowed java (SE) Binary... or whatever it was through my firewall (Private and Public)
-I have allowed TCP and UDP with the port 25565 through my firewall (Private and Public)
-I have turned off my firewall (It's back on now)
-I have no antivirus installed
-I turned turned off the built in windows antivirus (It's back on now)
-I have tried asking my friends to add :25565 to the end of my public ip (Even though that shouldn't do anything anyways)
-I do know it has something to do with my computer
- The error says the connection has timed out
- Exact error: io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information
-I've also redone the process of setting the entire server up 3 times
_TheSwagUnicorn_
Level 30 : Artisan Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/21/2020 9:40 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Ninja
ModestAF
You need to have 0.0.0.0 as your server ip in properties, you shouldn't be able to join your own public IP address, you have to join your local host ip address, and let them join your separate public ip... you cant create a server on your own wifi network and connect to your own networks public ip as if you were public traffic lol if that makes sense.. so if your connecting.. your probably giving them the wrong ip address.... i tried my best at explaining that part best of luck! :D
02/20/2020 8:12 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
If you have more than 1 machine inside your network lan used by another family member, try installing minecraft on their machine and try to connect to your server. If they are able to connect, then its a router issue. If they can't connect, then its the machine that the server is running in that's the issue.
02/21/2020 6:52 pm
_TheSwagUnicorn_
I cannot connect from a separate device
02/21/2020 8:19 pm
icephantom
Ok, so the first problem to work on is getting this other machine to be able to connect to your server via your lan. If you can't connect internally, then its certain that no-one will be able to connect externally.
I woud take the suggestion offered by tankpillow to leave your ip blank in your server.properties file. If you are using Windows 10 as your server, then its not usually 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_221\bin\java.exe' (or similar) that you have to let through your firewall. On my machine, even thoguh I only have 64bit java installed, the program Minecraft uses is located in :
'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath_target_2733598062\javaw.exe'

You may want to check yourself which java .exe file is being used when you start yout Minecraft client up. Now I know you say you switched the firewall off at one point, but was it off when you tried to connect using your other internal lan pc ? There is definately something blocking your server - if not firewall then perhaps antivirus software ?
02/21/2020 8:41 pmhistory
_TheSwagUnicorn_
Alright it appears javaw.exe is in the folder path that you left for me. java.exe is allowed through my firewall. And, I now can connect from another device (with firewall up). However, my friends still cannot.
02/21/2020 9:16 pm
icephantom
......by the way, did you remove your IP from you server.properties file ?
02/21/2020 8:53 pm
icephantom
Ok, that eliminates issue blocking on the server, so we're now left with router issues. I assume you've had someone now try again to connect externally to your server and fail ? ......... I also assume your network is something like : PC -> router -> internet ...... and NOT PC -> secondary router -> primary router -> internet.
One of the common problems on routers is that some have a tick-box to make the rule active after you've set it - no tick in the box, then rule is inactive.
02/21/2020 11:18 pm
_TheSwagUnicorn_
Yes someone has attempted to connect externally and failed. I'm not entirely sure where to view what you are referring to above.
02/20/2020 6:09 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
tankpillow
Try leaving the server-ip configureation in the server.properties blank.
02/21/2020 6:52 pm
_TheSwagUnicorn_
I have tried this, it doesn't seem to make a difference
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome