Minecart subway/redstone

BrucePicasso's Avatar BrucePicasso7/31/18 6:21 am
1 emeralds 328 5
8/2/2018 1:05 am
TobyTapper's Avatar TobyTapper
Hi guys. I am currently building a fully automatic minecart subway. However, I require some help. Please note that I am building it with Redstone AND command blocks in 1.8-1.12.2, not 1.13.

My only question is if there is a way to make minecarts specifically faster. E.g. if I wanted a minecart to travel at 80km/h unlike the normal 28.8km/h, how would I achieve this? If possible, can the specific command be pasted?

THX!

BrucePicasso
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/01/2018 3:47 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
CGBrothers
I played around with the motion tag quite a bit in both 1.12 and 1.13, and they both cap out no matter how high you set it.

Toby is right however, the next best method would be to slowly teleport itself forward, but that would be hard to do if your track is not straight, especially if you're running 1.12. The other issue is that it will be extraordinarily jittery, and not smooth like a normal minecart ride.
08/01/2018 4:57 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
TobyTapper
Thanks for confirming my idea, but I don't think I heard of a motion tag, could you give a sample command if your not to busy.
08/02/2018 12:37 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
CGBrothers
It's an NBT tag -- something you can attach onto some commands to specify more data about said entity.

In 1.12.2 or below you can use /entitydata <selector> to change NBT tags. For example, I tried using /entitydata @e[type=minecart] {Motion:[1.0,0.0,0.0]}. The motion list is motion in direction of x,y,z, so that gives a motion of "1" towards positive xx. I'm not sure how fast that is as it looked like the minecart almost maxed out at 1.

In 1.13 and above that cmd changed into /data

You could also use it in /summon too, for example.
08/02/2018 1:05 am
TobyTapper
K, thanks for the sample.
07/31/2018 1:11 pm
TobyTapper
Sorry, I don't do 1.13, and with the way Microsoft change everything it will be awhile before anyone becomes good enough to help with complex matters.

But enough of that, I do not believe there is any nbt tags for minecart speed so the only way to make it go faster is to tp it like a cutsceen, I know you need 1.13, but I only know 1.12.

In a repeating block: /to @e[type=minecart] ~ ~ ~-.2

The ~~~ is x y z, and the number is far to tp, note that repeating block run 20 times in a sec, so 2 blocks a sec, increase number to go faster.

But wait, that not the end of you issue! Know you have to turn your minecart! Just make a repeating block to test for the minecart and then put the command above in a condition chain block, so the test for command would be...

Wait! They removed test for in 1.13, (do you hate it as much as me now?) It's now execute now I think.

Sorry I couldn't help much, but if you want more info on how to do it in 1.12 or I made something confusing please let me know.

-TobyTapper
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome