home Forumsplay_arrow Help play_arrow Java Edition

Minecraft boot-up loading screen stuck!! (1.14.2) (help a gamer out)

1 emeralds9 replies1,013 views
created 05/29/2019 5:27 pm by ColinOh
last reply 07/16/2019 7:04 am
Hey Guys!

So im coming to this forum as a last resort, because something awfully weird has been happening with my Minecraft...

When I open up my Minecraft launcher, and press the enormous "PLAY" button (preferably in 1.14.2), everything works as expected, the game boots up, the Mojang screen pops up and the loading screen starts loading. however, after a little while of waiting... the loading bar stops... forever. I've even waited an entire night waiting for it to load, but no luck.

Every time, I've observed the same thing:
-the loading bar goes to exactly half way, then pauses
-it goes a bit more to about 2/3 to 3/4 if the way there, then pauses
-finally, it slowly moves to about 5/6 of the way, where it stops loading completely.

I've tried what seems like everything* but no luck, just hoping there's some smarties out there that can help me recover my lost time, on my friends server.

*everything includes; trying a different version (it just doesn't load at all), uninstalling the launcher, then reinstalling, deleting Minecraft completely, then redownloading, making sure Java is up to date (it is), playing in offline mode (just to test), reading as many forums as I can. I'm sure there's more things I tried but just cant remember :/

So I really hope everything works, and just hoping that someone else is either having this problem, or knows how to fix it.

Thank you!!
Posted by avatar
ColinOh
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

9 replies

07/16/2019 7:04 am
indacuhh
The same thing has happened to me on my xbox survival world. I worked very hard on the world and it would mean alot if someone can help me out.
06/19/2019 11:09 am
Tomathon
This just happened to me! Thanks for the support for us guys and I am glad to see it worked! Keep it up!
06/01/2019 1:50 am
Level 31 : Artisan Botanist
likalaruku
Have you already tried uninstalling & reinstalling the launcher?

Do you also have this problem with 1.14.1?

Are you on 1.14.2 Release or 1.14.2 Snapshot?
05/29/2019 7:23 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Princess
star_weaver
so you have changed the java version in the launcher? and have you iincreased the ram?
05/29/2019 8:27 pm
ColinOh
I have increased the ram, they said to about half of ur computers RAM. I don't know about the java version. It was just working about 2 days ago, don't know how it might've changed.

Thank you for responding so quickly!
05/29/2019 8:48 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Princess
star_weaver
can you post a screenshot of the java settings for minecraft?
05/29/2019 5:40 pmhistory
Level 55 : Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
Try doing the following:

Malwarebytes ADWCleaner is a utility to clean a PC which is infested with malware.

Download it here: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/adwcleaner

Run a scan, remove any malware found, restart the computer, and see if Minecraft launches then.

If that doesn't work, post the log from the launcher using a website like paste.ubuntu.com.
05/29/2019 8:28 pm
ColinOh
I will absolutely try that! Just getting back home now, I'll reply the results as soon as I can!

Thank you for responding so quickly!
05/29/2019 8:50 pm
ColinOh
YESSSSSS THANK YOU SO MUCHHH! It's worked perfectly and I'm back to spending countless hours on this amazing game!

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome