Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Help keyboard_arrow_right Java Edition

Create Forum Thread

Minecraft Not launching

1 emeralds4 replies171 views
created 10/18/2019 9:26 pm by superscotty
last reply 10/19/2019 12:14 pm
Minecraft has not been launching since the newest windows 10 update and i don't know the problem. I double click the launcher and it does not launch it, it just leaves me with the same screen I had. I does not even give me an error. I have tried updating java, uninstalling and updating my graphics card drivers nada. So then I looked for some online help from youtube videos. If anyone has suggestions it would be appreciated.
-Scotty
Posted by avatar
superscotty
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

4 replies

10/19/2019 12:14 pmhistory
Level 41 : Master Robot
Bertiecrafter
In the folder of the minecraft launcher executable there are a ton of log files. (debug.log, hs_err_pidXXXX.log, launcherLog.txt, nativelog.txt, updateLog.txt). If you are launching minecraft from a shortcut (e.g. on the desktop or from the search area in the start menu), you can right click it and choose "open file location". Now the shortcut might be pointing at another shortcut, just repeatedly right-click > "open file location" until you get to the actual executable file.

Just delete all log files, attempt to start the launcher and copy paste the contents of all these log files into a comment here. (Use spoilers)
10/19/2019 11:11 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
TheLonewolfx97YT
I'm having the same problem. I dont know what it is
10/18/2019 10:13 pm
Level 20 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
can you post any sort of log of whats going on? and for the love of god dont use drivereasy for starters they dont give good advice and secondly downloading that "program" is more likely to do more harm than good

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Website

© 2010 - 2019
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome