Minecraft not responding.

jake baker1's Avatar jake baker11/15/14 3:43 pm
1 emeralds 897 5
1/16/2014 4:36 pm
Starguy's Avatar Starguy
I need help. Minecraft has been going just fine for me since I've gotten it. I downloaded a texture pack and applied it. After I did, minecraft stopped responding. So i closed minecraft. I re downloaded it and i clicked play. It started loading but it stopped responding again when it said MOJANG on the white screen. It brought me to another screen and it said minecraft has run out of memory! I don't know what is wrong. I deleted the texture pack from my downloads and it's still not working. Please help.
jake baker1
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Starguy
01/16/2014 4:36 pm
Level 20 : Expert Ranger
delete the texturepack folder hers
.minecraft (or simply minecraft in OS X) is the folder Minecraft creates to run from. This folder includes the .jar files, sound, music, resource packs, personal options, worlds, etc.
Locating the .minecraft folder is vital to install several mods as the mod files need to be placed in various folders in .minecraft.
OS Path
Windows %appdata%\.minecraft
Linux ~/.minecraft
Mac OS X ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft
dimir_mastermind
01/16/2014 4:36 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Fisherman
jake baker1I need help. Minecraft has been going just fine for me since I've gotten it. I downloaded a texture pack and applied it. After I did, minecraft stopped responding. So i closed minecraft. I re downloaded it and i clicked play. It started loading but it stopped responding again when it said MOJANG on the white screen. It brought me to another screen and it said minecraft has run out of memory! I don't know what is wrong. I deleted the texture pack from my downloads and it's still not working. Please help.

This isn't caused by the texture pack. Allow minecraft to use more RAM (If you don't know how there's like a hundred tutorials on youtube), if you have 32-bit java get 64-bit, there's no reason not to.
01/15/2014 4:31 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
Delete the texture pack from the texturepacks folder.
jake baker1
01/16/2014 2:42 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
I can't get into minecraft to delete or remove it.
01/16/2014 4:29 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
No go to .minecraft.

Dont know how:
Windows:
Click Start → Run. If you don't see "Run" try holding down your "Windows" key and press the R key.
Type %appdata% (case doesn't matter but be sure to include the % markers) and click OK.
Open the .minecraft folder.

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome