Minecraft not respondinghelp

MGSuco10/7/20 8:03 pm
10/9/2020 2:26 pm
Geforce
I downloaded the official minecraft launcher after years of using alternative launchers because the official didnt work properly (i dont remember what exactly happened) but its still not working

It just opens minecraft but freezes in a white screen and if I click the window it says "(not responding)" in that part of the windows that says the app's name (idk how is it called)

It doesnt show any error, not even the "Java is not responding" window, but if I click the close button it shows the "Java(TM) Platform SE binary is not responding" window after some seconds and if I close it it shows this message in the launcher:

Error
Error
The game stopped working
An unexpected error occurred and the game stopped working
We are sorry for the inconvenience
Exit Code: 0

(my launcher is in spanish and this was translated by me so I guess thats not exactly how the error would look like in the english version)

It also show the fatal error "Process crashed with exit code -805306369" in the game output after closing the game

I tried using the last update (1.16.3) and 1.16 but none of them work

If you need anymore information ask me in the comments
Posted by avatar
MGSuco
Level 39 : Artisan Lemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/07/2020 8:41 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
Geforce avatar
Minecraft not responding on the loading screen is caused 99% of the time by malware, and since you've used programs like TLauncher before, I wouldn't be surprised if you've accidentally downloaded malware at some point as well. Run a scan with ADWCleaner and see if that helps. Also, don't use cracked launchers such as TLauncher from now on. They are illegal, can include malware, and may also try to steal your real Minecraft account's login credentials.
10/07/2020 9:59 pm
MGSuco
MGSuco avatar
I already did (with a different program) and I didnt find any malware
Also there isnt any other problems in my PC so its less likely that its caused by malware
but thank you for your reply!
10/07/2020 10:08 pmhistory
Geforce
Geforce avatar
What antivirus program did you scan your PC with? Was it Norton or McAfee? If so, those are terrible antiviruses that don't detect a lot of malicious programs (and also hog system resources). ADWCleaner detects malware that those antiviruses don't, which is why we recommend it when you start to experience that "not responding" issue. Please run ADWCleaner even if you've already run a scan with an antivirus to remove the malware possibility.

Also, could you please post a HijackThis log here using a text-sharing site such as paste.ubuntu.com? This will show us a basic overview of the programs running on your computer, which may be causing Minecraft not to load. I will include some instructions on how to post a log below. While the name of the program does sound scary, it does not show any private information like IP addresses or passwords.

1) Download HijackThis.
2) Run HijackThis as Administrator, choose I accept when prompted.
3) Select Do a system scan and save a log file, After a while, a text file will open.
4) Copy everything (Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C to copy), upload the log to a text-sharing site, then post the link to it here.
10/09/2020 9:35 amhistory
MGSuco
MGSuco avatar
nvm it works now lol

I searched the error on my browser and found an app that basically removed viruses, broken archives, etc and it fixed my problem with widows updates (it failed everytime it tried to update and I didnt know until now lol) and now minecraft works perfectly (after updating)

thanks for your help, I'll download ADWC just in case I need it in the future
edit: oh and I didnt use norton or mcafee, I know these are horrible lol

btw sorry for taking so long to reply, I couldnt get on pmc yesterday
10/09/2020 2:26 pm
Geforce
Geforce avatar
I'm pretty sure that the problem wasn't caused by Windows updates but rather by the malware that the program removed. Regardless, glad that it's working for you now. :)
10/07/2020 8:32 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Kitten
Marma
Marma avatar
Maybe try completely uninstalling it from your computer and reinstalling it? You've probably already tried this but it's worth another shot.

Also if you have any texture packs mods, old saves, maybe get rid of those just to be safe.

I don't know much so maybe try looking around on different minecraft sites as I'm sure there's some sort of fix to this.
10/07/2020 8:36 pmhistory
MGSuco
MGSuco avatar
maybe I should try that, I used TLauncher before and didnt uninstall it
Thanks for your reply!
I'll edit this comment after reinstalling everything edit: I reinstalled minecraft and basically the same happens but now the loading screen appears, it freezes when its about to reach 100% lol
btw I took a long time because I had to update my pc and then I forgot about it lol
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2022
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome