Minecraft randomally goes black.

Spydey_Ninja's Avatar Spydey_Ninja11/12/19 6:44 pm
1 emeralds 196
Hello to everyone!! First post on in the forum.

I think I have somewhat of an unusual situation I cannot figure out. I was hoping to reach out to the forum to get some input, advice, direction, etc.

I have 3 systems:
  • Gaming PC
  • Desktop PC
  • Laptop
Here are the specs of the different systems:

Gaming PC - Custom Build (self)
  • AMD FX-8350
  • 16GB RAM
  • Windows 10 Pro x64
  • AMD Radeon R9 290X
Desktop PC - Lenovo IdeaCentre A540-24API
  • AMD Ryzen 3 3200GE
  • 8GB RAM
  • Windows 10 Pro x64
  • AMD Radeon Vega 8
Laptop - Lenovo Yoga 920
  • i7-8550U (8th Gen)
  • 16GB RAM
  • Windows 10 Pro x64
  • Intel UHD 620
All systems are up-to-date for all components.

Running Minecraft Java on all three, using latest Java x64.

The issue I am having is that when I play multi-player over my LAN, both the Desktop and Laptop have a random issue. The Gaming PC is fine.

The screen will randomly go black.

Single player on all systems, for all versions, works great. No issues. No black screen.

Modded versions on all systems work fine in single player. Specifically v. 1.12.2, RL Craft v 2.63, using Forge 14.23.5.2846 and Optifine 1.12.2_HD_U_F4.

But when I go to play multiplayer on my LAN, regardless if the offending computer(s) are hosting or client, at some random point (minutes in to hours in), the Desktop and/or Laptop will go completely black.

It doesn't matter if it is windowed or full screen.

I can still hear the sounds and do things, just not see it.

If I am attacked, then everything is visible again from anywhere of a few seconds to a few minutes, but eventually goes back to all black.

The strangest thing is once it goes black, if I go from Survival to Creative, then I can see everything again, and it never goes back to black, unless I go back to Survival.

As soon as I go back to survival from creative, then it immediately goes black again.

So to recap:
  • The Desktop and Laptop systems have an issue where if I play multiplayer on them, host or client, at some random point the screen will go completely black.
  • I can still hear everything going on.
  • If I am attacked, then things are visible again for some random amount of time.
  • I can go from survival to creative and vice-versa, pre-going black screen, and it is fine
  • Once it goes black, if I go creative then I can see again, until I go back to survival, at which point it then immediately goes black screen
I do not have this issue in any way with my gaming rig.

Any thoughts, input, ideas, suggestions, etc., would be highly helpful. I have scoured various forums and have not found something similar to my exact issue.

I appreciate your assistance, time, and efforts.

-Spydey
Spydey_Ninja
Level 1 : New Miner