Minecraft Resource Pack not working 1.13.2broken_image

TheInfiniteBlock's Avatar TheInfiniteBlock5/28/20 2:18 pm
2 emeralds 111 4
5/30/2020 1:25 pm
TheInfiniteBlock's Avatar TheInfiniteBlock
I decided to make a resource pack for youtube content, so I finished it and put it in the resource pack folder. The first thing that went wrong was that it was not showing up in the game so I came to the forums and found that I needed to change the "4" in the pack.mcmeta file to a 1 I did that but now it's saying it was made for an older version of Minecraft and that it was incompatible, being me I just thought this was a glitch so I turned on the texture pack but nothing but the menus worked.

Please Help
TheInfiniteBlock
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/29/2020 11:07 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
You have made what is considered a classic mistake when creating a resource pack. You have probably right-clicked on the folder where you had the pack and chose 'send to zip', which would have zipped up the folder with the contents inside.
The correct way is to open the folder so that you can see the files as shown below, highlight all the files and then zip them up.

The link below has a corrected version of your pack which works in 1.13.2. Hopefully it'll act as a guide to what I mean :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1n6ser83r2wmnr/Derp_Pacl_MC1.13.2.zip?dl=1
05/30/2020 1:25 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
TheInfiniteBlock
This worked! Thank you so much now when I make a texture pack it doesn't break!
05/28/2020 9:53 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
Perhaps a link to download the pack so that we can assist with what might be wrong ?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome