Minecraft suddenly started lagging

billwurtz's Avatar billwurtz8/24/19 12:42 pm
2 emeralds 180 4
8/24/2019 2:24 pm
Gameknight14's Avatar Gameknight14
I used to get around 300 fps consistently in 1.8.9, but recently, that number has decreased to less than 60. I have V-Sync off and frames set to unlimited and all my settings are reasonably optimized. It shouldn't be a problem with my graphics card as I have it all updated. I do notice though that if I play Minecraft with only Optifine and without forge or any mods I installed, I get my FPS back. Does anyone know what's going on? It was working just a few days ago and now it doesn't, so I'm really confused.

Here's my mod folder:
[​IMG]

Also, I tried resetting my JVM arguments but that didn't work either.
billwurtz
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/24/2019 2:21 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Modder
Gameknight14
This memory fix mod could be doing things to your CPU that your computer simply doesn't know how to process. It may also be a good idea to get rid of visual effects mods as well as any shaders or resource packs you are currently using, such as BSL, Particle Mod, and Orange's 1.7 Animations (Side note: it says 1.7 animations so this mod could be the only problem). You should also try running it without optifine, as a certain mod you installed recently may not be compatible with optifine's optimizing coding. I do not know what vanilla enhancements is but if it is similar to Et Futurum, that may impact your performance as well.
08/24/2019 2:24 pm
Gameknight14
Second theory: Computers are finicky. It could be possible that your computer is just having a bad day. Check for any recent updates that are pending and then restart your computer (after any updates pending have been installed). I find that a full refresh or even a complete shutdown and boot up once a month can greatly increase your computers performance. If you are on windows ten, click the windows button, then the power button, then click restart or shut down.
08/24/2019 1:43 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Dragonborn
MasterCrafter77
Most likely a conflict between 2 or more of your installed mods. Try shutting them off one by one until the your fps increases to know which one (or more) is causing you problems...
08/24/2019 2:21 pm
Gameknight14
I agree. Start with optifine and if that does not work, try removing any recently installed mods.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome