1

Minecraft won't open

DarkFadeLink •7/9/14 11:21 am
•
938
•
7/9/2014 3:33 pm
SO, I was unable to open Minecraft After the Windows update that I did (yesterday) Here are the updates I have installed. I have a 64 bit Laptop with AMD A4-3305M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.90 GHz. also my Explorer.Exe freezes and then it restarts the whole thing. and my other .Exe programs won't open at all. And If it helps, I have had this Laptop since I was in the sixth grade. Now I am in the tenth grade starting this august. The only things that open are Firefox, Internet explorer and also some Default windows programs. I don't know why? http://imgur.com/2hHwUCl Thanks for reading...
Posted by
DarkFadeLink
Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
33

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

31

DarkFadeLink
• 07/09/2014 11:22 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
The Link contains the updates I installed, Sorry if the image is kind of small just click on the image to make it bigger.
1
Afootpluto
• 07/09/2014 11:23 am
• Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
give us the crash report.
1
DarkFadeLink
• 07/09/2014 11:24 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
For Minecraft? Minecraft won't open at all. Not even the launcher.
1
MinecraftLover038
• 07/09/2014 11:26 am
• Level 5 : Apprentice Network
That's either java, or your computer mate
1
DarkFadeLink
• 07/09/2014 11:28 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
I've Uninstalled Java and re-installed it again, Same with Minecraft and it still wont open.
1
MinecraftLover038
• 07/09/2014 11:26 am
• Level 5 : Apprentice Network
DarkFadeLinkSO, I was unable to open Minecraft After the Windows update that I did (yesterday) Here are the updates I have installed. I have a 64 bit Laptop with AMD A4-3305M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.90 GHz. also my Explorer.Exe freezes and then it restarts the whole thing. and my other .Exe programs won't open at all. And If it helps, I have had this Laptop since I was in the sixth grade. Now I am in the tenth grade starting this august. The only things that open are Firefox, Internet explorer and also some Default windows programs. I don't know why? http://imgur.com/2hHwUCl Thanks for reading...

send the crash report, or paste it on pastebin
1
Koslaw99
• 07/09/2014 11:26 am
• Level 12 : Journeyman Programmer
I've had these things happen with viruses. Run a scan. What anti-virus do you have?
1
DarkFadeLink
• 07/09/2014 11:27 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
I have Norton 360 the full version.
1
Koslaw99
• 07/09/2014 11:48 am
• Level 12 : Journeyman Programmer
That's why... Norton doesn't protect against a lot at all. Let's too many things through. I suggest you try avast! it's free and catches everything.
1
Afootpluto
• 07/09/2014 11:54 am
• Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
If u cant launch avast, then boot in to safe-mode and try.
1
DarkFadeLink
• 07/09/2014 11:58 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
Norton came back to life!!! Huzzaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will run a scan and tell you guys how it comes out to be oh and. Norton Is great. It's always running in the background and even does an auto scan when the computer is Idle. Avast is good for a free anti-virus but Norton 360 is amazing.. Even though it was for like 60 bucks for. Its worth it It protects 3 computers in the 60 dollar pack.
1
iSayCr4pAlot
• 07/09/2014 11:29 am
• Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
We'll need more info than that.
If you could somehow provide an error code that would be fine :3.
1
DarkFadeLink
• 07/09/2014 11:30 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
What do you guys mean by Error code?
1
Robot_ninja455
• 07/09/2014 11:29 am
• Level 14 : Journeyman Archer
Run a Scan, should work if not..then re-download it, not working again?Update Java, if you're bellow 12+ then ask an parent to help you, just in case you don't download a virus, or anything.
1
DarkFadeLink
• 07/09/2014 11:31 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
Like I said, I'm going into the 10th Grade on August. I am 14 and I will be turning 15 on August.
1
mcrocks999
• 07/09/2014 12:39 pm
• Level 20 : Expert Cake
Is there an age limit to asking your parents?!?!?
1
DarkFadeLink
• 07/09/2014 11:35 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
http://imgur.com/zCL0iz5 My anti-virus won't open either. Last scan I ran was last week on a Thursday.
1
hmmcrunchy
• 07/09/2014 11:36 am
• Level 67 : High Grandmaster System
may be virus if no exe files can open, you may need to scan for viruses (make sure you update it before scan) then have a look at this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2688326

the fix it will get exe files going again if whats described there is your issue (note: use link at own risk)
1
DarkFadeLink
• 07/09/2014 11:54 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
Didn't work
1
Prism Network
• 07/09/2014 11:56 am
• Level 18 : Journeyman Network
Maybe download 64 bit java since your OS is 64bit and not 32bit?
1
DarkFadeLink
• 07/09/2014 11:58 am
• Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
I do have 64 bit Java.
1
NovaGamingBrian
• 07/09/2014 12:00 pm
• Level 18 : Journeyman Miner
Reset your pc and you should be fine again
And norton only blocks a couple of things
1
DarkFadeLink
• 07/09/2014 12:33 pm
• Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
Ugh, Nortion.exe stopped working in the middle of the scan T^T
1
RW_Craft
• 07/09/2014 12:36 pm
• Level 1 : New Network
I Got 2 Things:

1. Make Sure Your Running A Clean Version Of The Latest Update (No Mods, Even Optifine)

2. Give Us The Error Code And Crash Report

Hope It Helps,
~ RW
1
mcrocks999
• 07/09/2014 12:38 pm
• Level 20 : Expert Cake
Greatest software that will get an anti-virus running no matter what.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/chameleon/
1
DarkFadeLink
• 07/09/2014 12:41 pm
• Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
I'll try this.
1
DarkFadeLink
• 07/09/2014 1:01 pm
• Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
Guys none of this is working. I think I will delete all of my Data on my laptop. Hopefully it works.
1
Afootpluto
• 07/09/2014 1:02 pm
• Level 16 : Journeyman Ninja
Go in to safe-mode and run malwarebytes.
1
NoahTheDog
• 07/09/2014 1:36 pm
• Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Make a backup first and then boot into safe mode and run Spybot S&D.
1
TheBubJoseph
• 07/09/2014 1:42 pm
• Level 3 : Apprentice Network
Restore to the latest restore point? If you don't have any just wipe your HDD clean and once Windows is reinstalled I would get a better AV like Malwarebytes.
1
DarkFadeLink
• 07/09/2014 3:33 pm
• Level 19 : Journeyman Nerd
I did a factory restore and it worked. Thanks for the help though
1

Welcome