forum Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Help keyboard_arrow_right computerJava Edition

Create Forum Thread

Minecraft won’t start after launcher

2 emeralds3 replies53 views
Kixxed started 07/10/2020 9:17 pm
_pixelwolf replied 07/10/2020 11:53 pm
After clicking play on the launcher for Minecraft (java edition), the launcher will close like normal. Now if I’m using my optifine version, the Minecraft window never appears and the Java task in task manager can be seen running, obviously I end the task and the Minecraft launcher reappears. If I’m using any vanilla version of Minecraft, like the most recent one, the Minecraft window will open after the launcher but will freeze and crash before the loading screen can complete. I’ve tried reinstalling and restarting my pc. Any help would be appreciated
Posted by avatar
Kixxed
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

3 replies

07/10/2020 11:53 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
_pixelwolf
Make sure you increase the amount of RAM allowed for the optifine profile, within the Minecraft Launcher. I think I needed to set mine to 4GB. Also, depending on your computer, it can take a long time fore you see it actually doing anything. How long have you waitied before giving up on it and killing it?
07/10/2020 10:51 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Skinner
R_Ryan
Have you changed your launcher settings to use a different javaw.exe? You may try resetting that back to default if so.
07/10/2020 9:28 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
Usually, Minecraft freezing up on the Mojang logo is due to malware being on your PC. Run a scan with ADWCleaner and see if that helps.
Planet Minecraft Logo

Website

© 2010 - 2020
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome