Minecraft wont start! Only able to play in Gltichy Browser!

Thadrious's Avatar Thadrious11/7/12 3:42 pm
1 emeralds 608 7
11/9/2012 8:11 pm
wakedbball98's Avatar wakedbball98
Any time I try to open Minecraft from the desktop or magic launcher, or the Tekkit launcher nothing happens, i just double click or select to run the program and it asks if i want to run the program from "Unkown publisher" and i say yes and nothing happens, I can play in browser but its very glitchy and i cant hold down the mouse button for more then 2 seconds without the gaming going into start menu.

PLEASE HELP!
Thadrious
Level 47 : Master Strawberry

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/09/2012 8:11 pm
Level 1 : New Dragonborn
wakedbball98
Mac or PC?

If mac then go to system preferences and then security and privacy, after this click on allow apps downloaded from: anywhere. Hope this helps

P.S. if you have a PC i cant help you
11/09/2012 7:24 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
-Rusty
Try deleting the .minecraft folder. (Backup your Saves and Texture Packs!)
11/09/2012 6:44 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Unicorn
JCMK
Do you have mods installed? Even though your .jar may be messed up its possible your mods created the problem if you have it before or if you installed mods recently.
11/09/2012 11:20 am
Level 23 : Expert Toast
Sedyte
Maybe you messed up the minecraft.jar file or something.
I had to reinstall it and it worked again.
11/09/2012 12:01 am
JCMK
That appears to be the most likely problem. Talk to support about what to do with coding issues. Maybe you have a program on your computer that is incompatible with MC?
11/07/2012 9:41 pm
Level 47 : Master Strawberry
Thadrious
Yeah its probs coding...
11/07/2012 7:30 pm
JCMK
Firt of all, if you're running Minecraft on a PC, try redownloading. Tekkit as well. Same for both. Don't click Run when you firt download it. Leave it alone. After that, find the actual Minecraft application and double click it or whatever to open it. Then, all you need to do is wait. If it's over 5 minutes, conclude there is a compatibility or coding isue with the game. In that case, you'll need to contact Minecraft or your computer company for support. After that, there's really nothing you can do.

As for the browser version, you're computer (this may also have to do with the actual game running funny) may not be able to handle the resource intensive processes of running the game. If you have a good computer, well upwards of 2.6 GHz and 2GB of RAM, then we can obviously assume that it's a coding issue and not a hardware issue.

God lucK!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome