My Forge application cannot be downloaded due to something in the 'switches'?

xcru's Avatar xcru1/23/20 5:19 pm
1 emeralds 159 3
1/26/2020 8:11 am
Super_gamer026's Avatar Super_gamer026
Hello! I am currently trying to download Forge version 1.14.4 for Minecraft on my computer (I've installed Java and made sure to clear up space on my computer.) and it keeps coming up with:
'There are errors in the following switches: "C:\Users\****\Desktop\forge.jar"'

(I censored the computer name with *** due to this computer having my last name on that and I do not want to share that obviously.) I think it could have to do with the administrator or something but I'm not sure what. Can anybody help me out with this?
xcru
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/26/2020 8:11 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Super_gamer026
if I were you I would go to forge any versions you'd like click on Download Recommended and then if you are on Mac you download installer and if you are on pc you download launcher
01/23/2020 7:10 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Theres most likely a bunch of people with your last name. I doubt by revealing it, people can possibly find you out of 7 billion people.
Lets just say your last name is a Smith. Think about how many possible people a hacker has to go through
01/23/2020 6:26 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
The Forge installation jar has more charachters than 'forge.jar' in its name, the file is called 'forge-1.14.4-28.1.116-universal.jar'.. The official Forge installation download can be obtained from here :
https://files.minecraftforge.net/

After downloading (I choose the 'Universal' button from the Forge site which gives you the .jar version), just double-click on it, and as lonng as your viruschecker allows it to run, it will give you a dialogue box for where to install it. Then you should be up and running,.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome