Need A DEV To Help Me With PermissionEx

Crysis_3's Avatar Crysis_32/10/14 7:35 am
1 emeralds 174 4
2/10/2014 8:29 am
Ping0pong's Avatar Ping0pong
Hey I am here asking for some help with permissionsex. What has happened is a guy tried to fix the perms and did a server reload but now nothing is working and he doesn't know how to fix it so I am asking for some help please.

Message me if you can help me.
Thank You
Crysis_3
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/10/2014 8:29 am
Level 40 : Master Geek
Ping0pong
Pr0Pancakes99
Nonetheless, If you tried to change the permissions inside the Ftp access to the server VIA: The permissions EX file, that was no the right way to do it.

Why would you need a file transfer protocol for the server .-.. Any ways I always edit inside the PEX file. The reason is because you have control over everything (and commands are tedious :3). Also, do not reload the server because it's bad for it. Do /pex reload whenever you need to reload the permissions. Hopefully that helped

~Ping
02/10/2014 8:19 am
Level 1 : New Network
Pr0Pancakes99
Yes Well, I've actually never applied to this site and am relatively new.

While I have just joined I know Permissions Ex Inside and out, I can also code plugins if needed but that usually requires some kind of free =)

Nonetheless, If you tried to change the permissions inside the Ftp access to the server VIA: The permissions EX file, that was no the right way to do it.

Commands:
/pex group create <name>
/pex group <name> add <perm node>
/pex group <name> prefix <prefix/pex group <group> user add <name>
</Pec group <group> set parents Default Easier to inherit permissions instead of re-adding them all, Good for Donator groups.

-Best Regards Sorry i couldn't have further helped.
Pr0Pancakes.
02/10/2014 8:04 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
leiger
He only just joined the site. I don't mean to offend you Pr0Pancakes99, but I wouldn't trust you

Crysis_3 - could you explain what you mean by "nothing is working"?

• Does the server start up at all?
  • Are there any errors in the console? (If so, paste them.)
  • What did you expect to see if PermissionsEx was working, and what do you see instead that makes you think it's broken?

Never give strangers access to your server, unless you have complete backups and they appear relatively trustworthy. And never give root access to the server itself.
02/10/2014 7:50 am
Level 1 : New Network
Pr0Pancakes99
Whats your IP? I will fix this for you.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome